BBQ Roaster Dev

Submitted scripts and programs
Forum rules
Your own work only.
dkeg
Configurator

Re: BBQ Roaster Dev

Unread post by dkeg » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:53 pm

DebianJoe wrote:It's sourced the user's ~/.roaster.conf since the first time that I added configuration (actually my 2nd push to the initial commit was this change), which is why I'm a bit bewildered as to how it was working before if it failed to work now. I could still perform a try/on_err/else for both directories to avoid the issue in the future, which would allow either file to work if they both don't error out.
Totally fun fact, you can check the diffs to see when each change was made on github to a repo.

Everything else working so far? Also, getting all of these damn sites to work on menu populate is going to be a pretty substantial. Anyone have favorites that I should cover first from This list? I may not compare every possibility so as to keep things snappy.
Yes, the youtube dl is working very well. No problems yet

as for the dir stuff, i'll do more investigation

Work hard; Complain less

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:34 pm

@Rho: Vimeo is proving to be super-sketchy. I turned on Verbose output from youtube-dl, and it's their script that is failing to pull the videos from there.

Code: Select all

ERROR: Unable to extract info section; please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug . Be sure to call youtube-dl with the --verbose flag and include its complete output. Make sure you are using the latest version; type  youtube-dl -U  to update.
--2013-11-07 22:25:27--  https://vimeo.com/
1/2 of the time, it's a password protected video (which I would have to popup a little gtk dialog box to let you enter...blah blah bloat.) Other times, it's the site that refuses a connection. The others are what I'm getting above. I'm going to work some on why this is happening and see if I can't push something back upstream to help them out. If I can get it to happen seamlessly, then that's one thing, but for now I'm only going to support in the browser what I can ensure will work on the backend.
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:18 pm

@DJ: if Vimeo is sketchy, fuck 'em, i say :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:19 am

Send 'em a chocolate-colored dildo. Who needs vimeo when there's heavy-r.com :D
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:51 am

bacon just made a valid point. btw, nice avatar XD
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:21 am

Okay, last push concerning this subject (hopefully) done. NO Vimeo support. YouTube only. I did add some user path expansion and allowed wgetit to perform a fork, so it won't interrupt your browsing while downloading, and also disposed of all the ugly 'os.system' calls.

I still need to fix the stupid tab labeling bug.
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC