Random Password generator, with real words.

Submitted scripts and programs
Forum rules
Your own work only.
wei2912
runs Stable

Re: Random Password generator, with real words.

Unread post by wei2912 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:28 am

My method is to think of a humorous sentence, capitalize the words to be emphasized, take the front letters of each word + punctuation and use that to come up with a password.

This sentence doesn't really make sense but it's used to generate a password so I guess it makes more sense than most people do.

Password: TsdrmsbiutgapsIgimmstmpd.
Last edited by wei2912 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
GitHub || Blog

"Don't blindly believe what I say. Don't believe me because others convince you of my words. Don't believe anything you see, read, or hear from others, whether of authority, religious teachers or texts." - Buddha

Alad
should take a shower

Unread post by Alad » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:33 am

^ LOL that works.

Another method is to "split" passwords - you use a base password and add a different suffix for each account.
It's funny how we used to be able to do real stuff with rudimentary computers, but now we can't. -- ratcheer

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:16 pm

^ yes, that's a method i use. example:

base: Penisgezicht1234
password: Penisgezicht1234%LinuxBBQ

(i dont use this exact example, stop trying to 'hack' into my account! ;)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

wei2912
runs Stable

Unread post by wei2912 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:01 pm

Beware though, if they're English words or connected with you or the site, it won't be too hard to crack such a password.
GitHub || Blog

"Don't blindly believe what I say. Don't believe me because others convince you of my words. Don't believe anything you see, read, or hear from others, whether of authority, religious teachers or texts." - Buddha

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:12 pm

^ English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Mongolian... who knows? you can use anything that is within your ability to remember :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Alad
should take a shower

Unread post by Alad » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:00 am

Some more password-related links - if you've learned probability theory, you'll appreciate them more. Don't take shortcuts while reading.

Diceware:
http://world.std.com/~reinhold/diceware.html

Secret splitting:
http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en ... itting.htm

Also:

(online) password-managers are shit:
http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/07 ... -en-masse/
It's funny how we used to be able to do real stuff with rudimentary computers, but now we can't. -- ratcheer