cwm

Forum rules
Post your scrot in the appropriate section. If the section does not exist yet - open a new thread ;)
rhowaldt
Dog

Re: cwm

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri May 29, 2015 9:48 pm

haha, wonderful!
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Snap
Sperminator

Unread post by Snap » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 pm

When I grew up I'll make it look as good as dkeg's, for now that's what I've got.

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:24 pm

^ Well done! The wall and colors both give off a delightfully chilly vibe.
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

Snap
Sperminator

Unread post by Snap » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:03 am

Thanks
delightfully chilly vibe.
Winter is coming!!! LOL

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:20 am

Another strange one from the pidsley museum -- a Dell Optiplex 755 with a 1.6 Ghz Pentium Dual-Core processor. From what I can tell, this dual-core Pentium is not the same as a Pentium D -- the Pentium Dual Core came out at the same time as the Core2 series, and uses the same architecture, but it has a smaller L2 cache. Maybe they used the rejects from the Core2 line for these, or crippled them on purpose?

I upgraded this from Wheezy to Stretch, and this time it stayed with sysvinit -- I have no idea why. The upgrade was a bit more difficult (maybe because the other machine I just upgraded did not already have X installed, and this one did?) but I eventually got it.

I'm using cwm on this machine -- I forgot how much I like this window manager.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:24 am

Actually never heard of the Optiplex, but hey, everybody deserves some love. :)

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:34 pm

I have a couple of Optiplex machines -- this Pentium and a 64-bit Celeron single-core. I didn't know they made 64-bit Celerons until I got the machine. There are a lot of unusual Intel processors. There are many old Optiplex machines on ebay, but I try to stick with the HP Compaq enterprise series when I can. The Dells appear to be built more for home use, and the HPs are meant for offices, so they tend to be built better and have better hardware. Plus all the HP manuals are usually available on their web site.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:31 pm

I have here an Optiplex 745 sitting under the desk. Nice machines.