dwm

Forum rules
Post your scrot in the appropriate section. If the section does not exist yet - open a new thread ;)
Titan
なまいき

Re: dwm

Unread post by Titan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:23 am

^ I like a bit of bloat, actually i just love the spectrum analyser in ncmpcpp :D
* Be fat, be as fat as you fucking please, just don't sit next to me on an aeroplane.
* "The sun never sets on the British Empire...." "Yeah, well, the sun never sets on my asshole!!"
* I am an "old skool" administrator who has been managing UNIX and Linux systems since the early 80s <-- big fkin lol

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:00 pm

^ you good! :)
..gnutella..

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:04 pm

So I built an extra t-43 of spare t-43 parts I had sitting around and then I did this:
noob.png
...because I felt like it.
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

simgin
Meme Fodder

Unread post by simgin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:38 pm

^ Very soothing to look at DJ +1
Someone told me that I am delusional, I almost fell off my unicorn.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:50 pm

^^ superb.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:47 pm

^^^ lovely. missing the rotating bar info ;) and missing some fiery redhead here in Asia ;)
Hmmm, redhead -> Red Hat, but it's still Ububunut.
..gnutella..

Alad
should take a shower

Unread post by Alad » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:14 am

Awe. Link to the wallpaper? :)
It's funny how we used to be able to do real stuff with rudimentary computers, but now we can't. -- ratcheer

franksinistra
Ivana Fukalot

Unread post by franksinistra » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:39 am

@joe
superb scrot!!
rice no more.

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Well hello, red! Nice work, Joe.

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:22 am

Alad wrote:Awe. Link to the wallpaper? :)
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/ ... 7b7fus.jpg
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

Alad
should take a shower

Unread post by Alad » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:40 am

Cheers. :)
It's funny how we used to be able to do real stuff with rudimentary computers, but now we can't. -- ratcheer

lrcaballero
Window Manager

Re: dwm Chilin

Unread post by lrcaballero » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:26 am

Hello my dear Holly Grillers,

Here's my scrot from a live session in Chill dwm 64bit, I know that is a bit outdated but it is 64bit and dwm...at a given time Maister Baconator said "one day you are going to wake up and your head is going to tell you TILING TILING TILING....Baconator you were absolutely right! I have been playing with i3 Elixir 64bit and dwm Chill, also dwmX.org a new and interesting project, but then and I find myself liking and enclining more towards dwm, wouldn't you all agree? As much as I like Romantic Rapist + Openbox, but in all honesty I actually did not know that I have been missing out on the wonderful world of Tiling....until now ofcourse but better late than never...

Thank you LinuxBBQ Team, cheers and enjoy!

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:48 pm

^ congrats Mr Caballero, a small beard just appeared on your balls. now have fun configuring the shit!
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

lrcaballero
Window Manager

Unread post by lrcaballero » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:49 pm

^ I know this is one of the downsides of dwm, you have to recompiled the config.h file once you are done making the changes to your likes and needs. But I guess this will make me grow more beard...and will learn a lot more. But until I make the install I will continue playing with Elixir, Chill and dwmX.

Cheers and happy Sunday to ALL.

lrcaballero
Window Manager

Unread post by lrcaballero » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:36 pm

Dr_Chroot wrote:
dkeg wrote:good one man, I like that!

what's the story behind your sig? You don't have to answer if you don't want.
My sig? It is based on a notation by Jack Handey. I work in family crisis counseling and it is amazing to observe the stresses pulling apart the fundamental social structure of society. Money, lust, entertainment are all taking their toll on children, whose lives have been proven to be fundamentally inpacted by the stability of the home in which they grew up. According to the Single Parent Success Foundation, a national nonprofit that encourages educational opportunities for single parents:

• 63 percent of suicides nationwide are individuals from single-parent families.
• 75 percent of children in chemical dependency hospitals are from single-parent families.
• More than half of all youths incarcerated in the U.S. lived in one-parent families as a child.

There appears to be a deep problem within these structures, and it has been my goal to identify why they are so unsuccessful. While I am still far from a conclusion, it has been amazing to see what a change there is in the lives of youth (young men especially) when they have a father figure that comes alongside them to mentor and guide them. Heck, he doesn't even seem to have to do that: he just needs to be there! It also doesn't seem to matter what kind of man the father-figure is: skinhead or neckbeard, engineer or mechanic, they all seem to increase the grades and psychology of youth in positive ways. Anywho, off my hobby horse :D

tl;dr in between ricing and recompiling gentoo kernels, take time to have coffee with a youngster. future society will be impacted by you.
Thank you Dr. Chroot, I read your post above and it really got in me....Congratulations on your sig.

Cheers,

Alad
should take a shower

Unread post by Alad » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:41 pm

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages ... /overview/

Of course I have no idea how to get the actual package. <.<

lrcaballero
Window Manager

Unread post by lrcaballero » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:27 am

dwm it is!

clean

kind of busy

Cheers

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:52 am

lrcaballero wrote:^ I know this is one of the downsides of dwm, you have to recompiled the config.h file once you are done making the changes to your likes and needs. But I guess this will make me grow more beard...and will learn a lot more. But until I make the install I will continue playing with Elixir, Chill and dwmX.

Glad you found it. The recompilation is no big deal, I added a dwm-build (or build-dwm) wrapper that does the edit/save/recompile/make procedure for you -- the good thing is, once set up you can use the config.h on various machines, just like any other rc file. You'll get used to it :)
lrcaballero wrote:dwm it is!

clean

kind of busy

Cheers

Nice scrots, now make the bar display the date/time and you are set :)

(BTW, the next spin might be a 64-bit DWM/cwm/hcwm bundle, planned for end of August)
..gnutella..

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:33 am

well you know if you're rockin a brown color scheme I'll give you a thumbs up.

Work hard; Complain less

lrcaballero
Window Manager

Unread post by lrcaballero » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:40 pm

machinebacon wrote:
lrcaballero wrote:^ I know this is one of the downsides of dwm, you have to recompiled the config.h file once you are done making the changes to your likes and needs. But I guess this will make me grow more beard...and will learn a lot more. But until I make the install I will continue playing with Elixir, Chill and dwmX.

Glad you found it. The recompilation is no big deal, I added a dwm-build (or build-dwm) wrapper that does the edit/save/recompile/make procedure for you -- the good thing is, once set up you can use the config.h on various machines, just like any other rc file. You'll get used to it :)

Nice scrots, now make the bar display the date/time and you are set :)

(BTW, the next spin might be a 64-bit DWM/cwm/hcwm bundle, planned for end of August)
^ These are GREAT news Sir machinebacon....looking forward to this next release!

Cheers,
Last edited by lrcaballero on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.