Openbox

Forum rules
Post your scrot in the appropriate section. If the section does not exist yet - open a new thread ;)
machinebacon
Baconator

Re: Openbox

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:56 pm

Me being a pussy.

1) Debian stable
2) Openbox
3) tint2

At least the windows are not decorated. Thanks dkeg for the wall and frank for the xcolors.
Attachments
spaceodd.png
..gnutella..

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:27 pm

Very nice
(1/1) Installing: LinuxBBQ...................................[69%]==============[/]

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:59 pm

at least it's a good looking pussy ;)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:50 am

Does look nice. I think those are Frank's colors actually.

Work hard; Complain less

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:17 am

user@grill:~$ cat .Xresources_colors
!!! franksinistra 2014

!!! Warm !!!

Correct, proper kudos to frank for the colors!
..gnutella..

archvortex
Uninstaller

Unread post by archvortex » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:58 pm

Dirty screenshot of PussyWM with Midori, Geany, SpaceFM and the menu iconified for extra pussy points. GTK theme is QDarkStudio4 which I used for three ArchBang releases in 2011-2012. It's still my favourite dark GTK theme. Conky is horizontal like a status bar. RAM usage under 200MB. Thanks MB for Linux BREAK!
Attachments
2016-02-02-203741_1280x800_scrot.png
GUIs??? We don't need no stinkin' GUIs!!!
LinuxBBQ - No bloated bullshit to meet the needs of the less technical Linux user
Color is bloat

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:31 pm

^ Noice! Conky always looks fantastic horizontal :D (And if you are ever looking for an icon theme besides Adwaita you should check out MB's Faenza-Pale theme. It's pretty dank.)
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

archvortex
Uninstaller

Unread post by archvortex » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:55 pm

Thanks Doc! I've got about 20 icon themes to choose from but it's my wife and kids that wanted the adwaita theme. I had to install Windows for my wife she uses the latest Microsoft Office for work and the kids wanted Androidx86 installed so they can play Hay Day and COC on a bigger screen. Just finished installing TuxMath, GCompris, Childsplay and Wesnoth for them as well. Will get a new laptop this week. Lots available here without Windows pre-installed :)
LinuxBBQ - No bloated bullshit to meet the needs of the less technical Linux user
Color is bloat

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:28 pm

haha, I first saw the scrot and then the text to it - I thought: huh, AV is now back again on Archbang?! If you like dark themes, we have a bunch of dark Numix themes for gtk2, simply search the forums for post from dkeg, search term: numix dark
..gnutella..

archvortex
Uninstaller

Unread post by archvortex » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:58 pm

MB, I use Numix darkest and a modified Onyx Citrus for my own BREAK! partition most of the time for Openbox but I still like QDarkStudio4. I'm modifying my Slackware Blue theme for Fluxbox to BBQ colours for my RYO and my fluxbox partition built from ANOREXIA! Just need a good LinuxBBQ propaganda wallpaper ;)

And no, I'm not back at ArchBang. LOL As pablokal and the lads know, the more noobs kept using AB as a shortcut to using Arch, the more frustrated I got and didn't answer a lot of posts at the end before I left because I ran out of patience and the stress from running an English school just about killed me.
Color is bloat

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Fully understand the reasons, many of us are going/have been going through this situation here, too.
In the past, when we had a GTK installer (basically the one from Linux Mint LMDE) many more mouseclick-noobs tried the BBQ and started whining about how they broke shit later. We have simply removed GTK, keep everything TUI, e voila - we only get the really interested new users. Mucho better.

wrt BBQ propaganda wallpaper -> make one :D
..gnutella..

darry1966
CLIt Licker

Unread post by darry1966 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:49 am

Hi Julius,

From a user point of view the present BBQ installer is much easier than the graphical Debian or Ubuntu ones and is frankly very quick and on my old machines and older ones than mine at least it doesn't freeze because it runs out of memory like Ubuntu graphical has in the past - just some user feedback so thanks for the simplicity of it.:)
LinuxBBQ is Sexy. Runs BBQ Stable.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:42 am

^ thanks for the feedback. You know, many people choose the "ease of installation" as one of the factors for using a distro - I find nothing is easier than clear text. It could even be unloated down to an automatic detection of free space with automatic partitioning, so that it basically installs itself. Try this with ubiquity :D Anyway, good to know you like it, so I won't change it ;)
..gnutella..

Snap
Sperminator

Unread post by Snap » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:23 am

Same here. Love the simple and fast installer. The only bump I've found is I haven't figured out how to keep a former user account to keep settings when installing a new spin. If the home partition is set to not be formated the installer quits at that point. So I make a backup and copy the configs back after installing. Not a big issue, anyway.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:29 am

^ you mean: /home is on another partition (for example /dev/sda2 and the main system on /dev/sda1)? I just need to add a checkbox there, no big deal. But you will have to test it. ;)
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:27 am

re: bbq wallpaper, perhaps you dig this one: http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=41285#p41285 :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Theo
CLIt Licker

Unread post by Theo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Some off-topic point, I like the textbase installer too. For me *personal* a fully bloated graphical installer for a textbased system (or minimal X) doesn't make any sense. Besides that, it forces you to read and if you make mistakes then you have the glorious feeling that you're a complete ass :P

About the wallpaper, perhaps an idea to make a linuxbbq wallpaper exchange? Some distros have art-sections in their forums.
Minimalistic art (even ASCII) or something like that would be nice (IMO).

simgin
Meme Fodder

Unread post by simgin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:18 pm

^ ASCII art would be cool actually, it fits the nature of the forum well.

Edit: Just found this site, I like the first angel :D
http://www.asciiworld.com/-Angels-.html

Happy browsing.

Simon
Someone told me that I am delusional, I almost fell off my unicorn.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:35 pm

User-contributed Wallpapers are here:

http://www.linuxbbq.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=133
..gnutella..

Theo
CLIt Licker

Unread post by Theo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:01 pm

^ Thanks and bookmarked :)

^^ Simon I was more thinking about this: http://orig12.deviantart.net/380f/f/201 ... lomoco.png
And using the same font and colourscheme would be perfect :)