ahwm

Forum rules
Post your scrot in the appropriate section. If the section does not exist yet - open a new thread ;)
pidsley
Hermit

ahwm

Unread post by pidsley » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:46 pm

I know I said no more for a while, but it's raining and cold here today so no gardening.

Another minimal stacker with some twists -- highly configurable in a very well-documented run-time config file, with a default focus model kind of like oroborus; windows are both raised and focused when you mouse into them, without clicking. This can be changed on a workspace basis, as can most of the config options. The default config uses a different background color and titlebar color for each workspace, so it is easy to tell where you are. Odd, but interesting.

http://www.hioreanu.net/cs/ahwm/

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Re: ahwm

Unread post by GekkoP » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Looks great.
I'm still finding hard to leave cwm when it comes to stackers. Evilwm and mcwm are fighting hard for my heart at the moment. Let's see if I got another contender.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Wed May 28, 2014 6:15 pm

This one is really nice.

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Wed May 28, 2014 6:33 pm

GekkoP wrote:I'm still finding hard to leave cwm when it comes to stackers.
Likewise, here. cwm seems to perfectly suit my needs for stackers, at the moment, with sithwm as 2nd. Although I was also enjoying euclid-wm and larswm for tilers, in the long run I like stackers better. I'll definitely give ahwm a try, though.

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Thu May 29, 2014 4:03 am

Nice scrot GekkoP.

These minimal stackers (all based eventually on evilwm) have minimal differences. ahwm is very configurable at run time, if you care about that. It also has windecs. I used to use cwm all the time, and then it got popular, so I had to find something else :) As you can see from my github .cwmrc, I don't really care about menus and such, so once I patched evilwm to move the resize mouse button, it does everything I need. tfwm is a little lighter, but that's about it, and it has its own issues. mcwm starts with mod4+t bound to start a terminal, and I like that, Otherwise, they are all about the same.

In the long run, I use ratpoison for eveything but scrots. :)

Oh and bones, I am happy to hear that you like larswm; that's one that definitely doesn't get enough love. euclid-wm too.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Thu May 29, 2014 10:10 am

^ you're absolutely right about the minimal differences. I've been using the old Acer with Arch only for trying different window managers, especially stackers since the display is a bit too small to appreciate a tiler. They all work pretty well for what I need on that laptop, except for tfwm and weewm that crash when I try to open st. But that said, I guess I just love trying them out. :)

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Really liking this one. Plus, getting used to a new shell is always a good thing.

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:40 pm

^ Nice, nice, nice.

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:11 pm

Next up is ahwm, a nice little stacker:
Attachments
ahwm_cream.png

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:13 pm

^ oh yes one of my favorites! (and of course another beautiful scrot, bones)