ripit - cd ripper

Forum rules
General talk about software - if the program is not in the repos, please links to the developer's page or github.
GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

ripit - cd ripper

Unread post by GekkoP » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:21 pm

CD ripper from the command line. RipperX fails every now and then with some cds, this one never failed.

Examples:

Code: Select all

ripit --coder=0 # mp3 encoding
ripit --coder=0 1-3,10 # rips tracks 1,2,3 and 10 in mp3

rhowaldt
Dog

Re: ripit - cd ripper

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:11 pm

^ have you tried abcde for commandline-ripping? i found it to work great. setup the config file, insert your cd, type 'abcde' and go :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:30 pm

^ didn't know about it, actually. I'll try it to see which one suits me better. Thanks :)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:58 pm

Thanks for ripit, Manu. I also know abcde as rho suggested, if somebody would have asked me "how to rip CDs" I would have said abcde, but yeah - why fucking not 'ripit'? :D
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:17 pm

ja, ripit sounds like a logical name, but with abcde i quite like how they just took the first 5 letters of the alphabet and made it into the name for their program :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:16 pm

Just updating this with a little info: on Summer 2014 (which comes without cd/rw programs), ripit weighs in with 17MB, abcde with less than 3MB. Just for the stats. Though, xorriso is included, it should have some similar ripping option IMO :)
..gnutella..