aosd_cat

Forum rules
General talk about software - if the program is not in the repos, please links to the developer's page or github.
rhowaldt
Dog

aosd_cat

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:30 pm

After my dunst questions and looking into some more different notification systems/daemons, i found what i think is a nice one that i never heard of before: aosd_cat. seems a bit less basic (more versatile) than osd_cat. in the repos as "aosd-cat", but program itself is "aosd_cat", so mind that tricky shit.

Code: Select all

echo "penis" | aosd_cat -n "Jura Light 40"  -f 100 -u 1000 -o 100  -p 
seems to work. still not what i was looking for, but hey, it's an option.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

rhowaldt
Dog

Re: aosd_cat

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:08 pm

here's a script i've made using aosd_cat, which displays the current volume clearly on the screen.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

case $1 in
+)
       amixer set Master 1dB+ ;;
-)
       amixer set Master 1dB- ;;
t)
       amixer set Master toggle -q ;;
*)
       exit;;
esac

VOLUME=$(amixer get Master | awk -F'[][]' '/Mono:/ {sub(/%/, ""); print $2; exit}')

echo "YOUR VOLUME IS CURRENTLY: $VOLUME" | aosd_cat --back-color="#3C3C3C" --fore-color="#FF0080" --font="Jura Light 50" --back-opacity=0 --fore-opacity=255 --fade-in=0 --fade-full=1500 --fade-out=0  --transparency=0 --position=4 --padding=23 --shadow-offset=0 --shadow-color="black" --shadow-opacity=0 --width=0
considered adding comments at certain levels such as "mind the children!" and "what will the neighbours think!?", but left that for now.

edit: forgot to mention that everything in this script except for the aosd-line is actually pidsley's :D
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

simgin
Meme Fodder

Unread post by simgin » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:28 pm

Interesting mate :)
Someone told me that I am delusional, I almost fell off my unicorn.

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:52 pm

rhowaldt wrote: edit: forgot to mention that everything in this script except for the aosd-line is actually pidsley's :D
:) I stole most of mine from bacon ...