gentoo - a lightweight file manager

Forum rules
General talk about software - if the program is not in the repos, please links to the developer's page or github.
rhowaldt
Dog

gentoo - a lightweight file manager

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:36 pm

has nothing to do with Gentoo Linux. is a gtk+ filemanager written in C, has customizable buttons. was looking for a lightweight option for those rare moments when i could really do with a GUI filemanager, and tried this one. looks pretty nice so far.

http://obsession.se/gentoo/
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Re: gentoo - a lightweight file manager

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:03 pm

^ We even had it on some old BBQ shit 3 years ago :D Must be in the repos, still.

There are some more similar ones:

emelfm2 -- unfortunately not in the repos anymore (http://emelfm2.net/)
xfe
xfm
rox-filer (yeah sure)
doublecmd
tuxcmd
worker (we used this on our Amiga/Amigo remix)
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:05 pm

yeah sorry forgot to mention: it is in the repos. i quite like it so far, i like the customizable buttons even though i haven't customized them yet. i like that F2 is the rename button just like i'm used to on Windows. really, all i need it for is renaming when filenames are just too fucked up for my scripts + sensible regex to handle.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Hey, Windows Explorer works with WINE :D
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:25 pm

hahahahaha