4/5/6/7/12 string thread

rhowaldt
Dog

Re: 4/5/6/7/12 string thread

Unread post by rhowaldt » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:39 am

oh man forgot this existed.

so since i couldn't take my guitar with me to HK (had to pay EUR 100 extra for additional suitcase), i bought a new one here for around EUR 60 instead. Cheapest one they had, and has given me some grief, but am used to it now.
Last thing i've actually been working on playing is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YOZOMSHglw
gotten pretty far with it, the Chet Atkins technique of "walking bass" (playing the low and high strings as separate melody lines) is supercool and sounds great, though hard to master.

honestly i should be playing at least once a day but i forget, got lots of other shit to do. so we shall see. at least happy i have a guitar in HK that i can play now and then :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

sgtbigman
Oyster-Slurper

Re: 4/5/6/7/12 string thread

Unread post by sgtbigman » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:22 am

Hmm, well, I have been the proud owner of a Yamaha EG 112C for around 12-15 years, although I didn't even know that was the model it was until looking at it just now. I guess that can give you a hint as to how much attention I've given it all of these years :/

It has followed me everywhere, mostly because I've always wanted to learn to play; alas, one has to actually devote solid time to practicing every day in order to learn how to play :p

Guess this is one of those cases where doing less bbqing and more shredding is worthwhile :)

I will report back if I take up the habit; either way, it is neat to read about everyone else's hardware.