Songs that get on your nerves

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Re: Songs that get on your nerves

Unread post by wuxmedia » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:39 am

slartie wrote:Mr big - be with you
OMFG that's a guy singing... I have to wash.
youtube gave me the next one:
Extreme - Words..
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

gutterslob
Resident Tranny

Unread post by gutterslob » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:16 pm

You know those "rock" songs that feature vocalists with whiny nasally voices - try pinching your nose and talking - not too sure how to categorize that. Example that comes to mind is Blink 132 (the number might be different, dunno). I HATE those types of vocals. It's like degenerate grunge, with the same bar chords but instead of synthetically lowered voices, we get helium induced ear-rape instead. It's like they made a genre that personifies a ginger kid throwing a tantrum.

Also anything K-Pop related - you hear that crap in malls over here all the time. All started with that retarded gangbang song that got xx million hits on youtube a couple of years ago.

.... and anything by the Eagles and Deep Purple.

Oh, and almost everything vic posts in his "House" thread (in quotes because it's not even House). =P
Last edited by gutterslob on Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hinto
Forums Hottie

Unread post by hinto » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:54 pm

"A human being should be able to... butcher a hog..." -Robert Heinlein

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:04 pm

@GS: Blink 182 :) - thought when you were talking about nasality, you meant Pearl Jam. which is shit that gets on my nerves. cannot stand Eddie Vedder's voice. he did the soundtrack for Into the Wild, which i liked. i just can't stand most Pearl Jam.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

gutterslob
Resident Tranny

Unread post by gutterslob » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:03 pm

^ Well, "nasality" is a pretty broad term, I suppose. The grunge guys have a [mouthful of Marmite] nasal, while the college band types have a high [lungs full of helium] nasal.

Oh, I also don't really like over sibilant or strident vocals, especially those that overstress the c and the s words (around the 5kHz to 8kHz range). Sometimes it's the masters/recordings, but some of them sound just as bad doing it live.

Speaking of live, those singers that breathe too loudly also annoy me.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:26 am

damn, that's some pretty specific stuff GS! i had never considered this.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Titan
なまいき

Unread post by Titan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:04 pm

You hatin on Aerosmith? *titan is sad*
* Be fat, be as fat as you fucking please, just don't sit next to me on an aeroplane.
* "The sun never sets on the British Empire...." "Yeah, well, the sun never sets on my asshole!!"
* I am an "old skool" administrator who has been managing UNIX and Linux systems since the early 80s <-- big fkin lol

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:57 pm

that particular song doesn't bother me. i mainly fucking hate "love in an elevator". this is not because i think it is bad, per se, just that the melody annoys me and i've heard it too often. but seriously, to rant a bit now we're here, i fucking hate that melody. that "love in an eleva-tor, living it up while we're going down", bit, you know, maybe if he'd sung it differently or something, but that shit gets on my tits. other than that, just now realizing, the concept of the song is also not very fabulous. it's a song about love in an elevator, and that's it. now i don't mind songs about pointless subjects per se, but i do when they are badly executed, which i think is what Aerosmith's "Love in an elevator" is.

hinto
Forums Hottie

Unread post by hinto » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:59 pm

"A human being should be able to... butcher a hog..." -Robert Heinlein

Titan
なまいき

Unread post by Titan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:09 pm

rhowaldt wrote:that particular song doesn't bother me. i mainly fucking hate "love in an elevator". this is not because i think it is bad, per se, just that the melody annoys me and i've heard it too often. but seriously, to rant a bit now we're here, i fucking hate that melody. that "love in an eleva-tor, living it up while we're going down", bit, you know, maybe if he'd sung it differently or something, but that shit gets on my tits. other than that, just now realizing, the concept of the song is also not very fabulous. it's a song about love in an elevator, and that's it. now i don't mind songs about pointless subjects per se, but i do when they are badly executed, which i think is what Aerosmith's "Love in an elevator" is.

I think it's a great song as it is all in good fun along with "taste of India". (If ya know what I mean :D)

As for music I cannot stand, I personally hate "death / scream metal". Maybe I just don't get it, but to me it just sounds like an irritating load of.noise with no meaning.
* Be fat, be as fat as you fucking please, just don't sit next to me on an aeroplane.
* "The sun never sets on the British Empire...." "Yeah, well, the sun never sets on my asshole!!"
* I am an "old skool" administrator who has been managing UNIX and Linux systems since the early 80s <-- big fkin lol

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:20 am

i once had a friend who listened to metal a lot, and at that time i visited some shows etc. we were always laughing about how the grunting dudes couldn't be understood unless you had the lyrics, and then it was still impossible. i generally feel like you do, but i have found a way to get some joy out of it. namely: Anal Cunt. check it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hZXxrzsQOA
as you have the title, you can easily make out the lyrics. since all their titles are based on the concept "people are stupid, they should be made fun of", everything is funny as fuck, and instead of thinking "man, this shit is just noise" you are just laughing your head off because it is so completely ridiculous. btw, this is grindcore, which i think would fall under your hatred ;)

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:30 am

It... it wears on you after a while. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdxqGolM09k
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

darry1966
CLIt Licker

Unread post by darry1966 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:52 am

Yep this song was only good in the movie Bowfinger.
LinuxBBQ is Sexy. Runs BBQ Stable.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:27 am

10 hours.. really

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:53 pm

^^ CHUBBY RAIN!!!
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

gutterslob
Resident Tranny

Unread post by gutterslob » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:39 pm

wuxmedia wrote:10 hours.. really
Here ya go; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Uz1icjwrM

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:28 pm

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:33 am

^ man that song really is annoying.
gutterslob wrote:
wuxmedia wrote:10 hours.. really
Here ya go; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Uz1icjwrM
That's actually OK. :)

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:01 pm

ivanovnegro wrote:Sweet Home Alabama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MhOZt5-Jl8
and just when you wonder how somebody can make it even worse, you remember there's Kid Rock, who will never let you down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB85RY2Xk_U

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:02 pm