México

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

México

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:47 am

Roman Catholic friend of ours was having his infant son baptized today and invited us to the service. He made a big deal of it so we decided to humor him and ended up being glad that we did. It ended up only being us and 14 other people - they had expected some from the Catholic church to show up (only their family which had driven up from California did) but alas, nobody made it. It was awkward at first but ended up being quite fun. They had rented the conference room at a local hotel and had the local Mexican restaurant cater food for 40(!), so we hung out, ate a ton, played musical chairs (HAVE YOU SEEN GIRLS FROM GUADALAJARA!?), and learned some Español along the way.

Anyway, I was introduced to some groups that were pretty decent. Maná was nice for pop:

"Vivir sin aire"
"Amor Clandestino"
"Lluvia al corazón"

And then some Acoustic rock by Rodrigo y Gabriela that served as the soundtrack whilst we were doing our best to make a bite into the enchiladas and beef tripe:
"Sunday Neurosis"
"Tamacun"
"Hanuman"

A folky album by Juan Cirerol, Haciendo leña

And then this one was recommended to me by way of a t-shirt that one of the younger guys was wearing... and it is probably the best one on the list:
Café Tacvba - Re - prog rock :D
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Re: México

Unread post by GekkoP » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:34 am

^ thanks for this, lots of interesting stuff.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Re: México

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:00 am

groovy sounds, I'm sure Ivan can give some pick up lines in spanish... worked for him..
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"