CWM/HCWM: Martini (i686) Release News

Forum rules
The releases are not supported anymore. You can install and upgrade, but if you break it you are on your own.
DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

CWM/HCWM: Martini (i686) Release News

Unread post by DebianJoe » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:06 pm

The shady bunch of spies at the LinuxBBQ are proud to present the double-agent .00* of releases, "LinuxBBQ Martini (shaken, not stirred.)"

The default wm is a all-time favorite stacker, presented in the nicest tuxedo I could find, cwm.
2014-02-13-163409_1366x768_scrot.png
It has a preconfigured st-term using dkeg's "browned." It includes vim (because everyone would expect me to use emacs, can't be too obvious in the spy world), nano, dmenu, and all packages included in any of the Spring2014 lineup. The default shell for the live session is a special "spy-level" zsh.

...but that's all one-dimensional. With a quick "control + alt + w" a little dialog box will appear that lets you go from tux-wearing spy-guy to pajama-clad and pipe smoking super sleuth by simply typing in "hcwm".
2014-02-13-163434_1366x768_scrot.png
...should your wall swap to this, then it's time to get busy.

You're now in a full-on hcwm session, which is a dynamic tiler driven by key-commands, and 4 separate workspaces.
2014-02-13-163559_1366x768_scrot.png
By default, using "Control + Alt + w" will return you back to your existing cwm session. Never let the bad guys know what face you'll wear.

The source for both the terminal and hcwm are located in /usr/share/souces/, so just cp -r them to your newly created home directory post-install to hack away at the default functionality. hcwm doesn't have a man page, yet, so you'll probably want to read through the default config.h in the source directory for the standard keybinds. Make changes to the wm and keybinds, then (make, sudo make install, make clean) to build a customized binary of it.

Assuming you wish to make even more drastic changes, you can edit .hcwmrc in your /home/$USER directory. It's a pure bash implementation, so if you can script it, then it can happen on the start-up or shut-down of hcwm. The script should be easy to read and understand. Go nuts. Hit me up here or on my github with questions, comments, or patches. Use and hack on it, be a spy, meet hot women, get laid like James Bond.

Also, just for fun, if you're running the stock .zshrc included, type "licensetokill" in a terminal with your network connection up to really immerse yourself in the spy game. ;)

(*special thanks to the guys at suckless for their work on dwm and the author of catwm. I based hcwm on all of their hard work and am simply standing on the shoulders of giants. Also, super-special thanks to dkeg for alpha-testing hcwm, Pidsley for alpha-testing this release, and MachineBacon for the linuxbbq.)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxbb ... Community/
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Re: CWM/HCWM: Martini (i686) Release News

Unread post by wuxmedia » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:23 pm

niiice, ace presentation 8)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Oh it looks so sexy, sooo sexy (I'm not kidding).

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:29 pm

Finally something to drink :D This looks like me gusta, so it gets the "Grillmeister Approved" stamp! Thanks for sharing and investing your time!
..gnutella..

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:09 pm

Time to make another partition. :)
(1/1) Installing: LinuxBBQ...................................[69%]==============[/]

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:30 pm

congrats on what looks like a great release DJ! well done :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Awesome presentation. The BBQ with one of its own WMs! Just perfect.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:21 pm

wow Joe, that looks really nice, and sounds to be a top notch release. Great job.

Work hard; Complain less