SPECTRWM: BDSM (amd64) Release Notes

Forum rules
The releases are not supported anymore. You can install and upgrade, but if you break it you are on your own.
machinebacon
Baconator

SPECTRWM: BDSM (amd64) Release Notes

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:38 pm

This is a continuation of StudEx, so only a very basic SpectrWM session with Texlive, Emacs, Vim and gummi for creation of LaTeX documents.

Other add-ons are pandoc and AUCTeX. I hope somebody will find this release helpful. it is small enough to fit on a small USB stick, it does come with GTK2 (for gummi), though.

You can add your bibliography management application (like bibtex or zotero), web browser and preferred GUI file manager, as well as CUPS, and then remaster using 'bbqsnapshot'.

After you boot, you can either run an X session, start up a Vim session, an Emacs session, or a tmux session.

By default, BDSM starts with Vim as default editor in X. Please edit .xinitrc and comment/uncomment the lines there. I also added a little .emacs configuration file to make TeX work as good as possible by default (and to have the elpa available)
bdsm.png
Download (483MB) at http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxbb ... o/download

username/passwd: bbq/bbq
Install: sudo bbqinstall
..gnutella..

bones
Clooney

Re: SPECTRWM: BDSM (amd64) Release Notes

Unread post by bones » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Nice refresh of spectrwm spin. Now that I'm a fan of it, I will have to check this out.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Actually it is a bit bloated due to the texlive package :) But yeah, why not if you want to learn something new (LaTeX, in this case) :)
..gnutella..

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:53 pm

^ Maybe I'll take up writing or some shit. :)