HOWM: Labrador (i486) Development Notes

Forum rules
The releases are not supported anymore. You can install and upgrade, but if you break it you are on your own.
machinebacon
Baconator

HOWM: Labrador (i486) Development Notes

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:31 pm

"Labrador" is featuring Harvey Hunt's "howm", a vim-like window manager. This is a testing release (though fully functional) designed as live system and will be featured 'when ready'.

The live session logs in automatically and opens the excellent documentation in dillo web browser. Other notable applications are, as bespoken with Harvey, the VIM editor, zsh as default shell, oh-my-zsh with Harvey's theme and cmus as music player. Please refer to the README to see a full overview. Build tools and the original sources are included.
howm.jpg
On a side note: I have tested and run howm non-stop for 72 hours and not run into crashes or WM-related misbehavior.

Lean ISO download in the testing folder at sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxbb ... o/download

If you encounter problems or have questions related to the window manager, please post in the relevant forums thread: http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f ... 9&start=20

For all base distribution support questions please refer to the LinuxBBQ general support subforums: http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/viewforum.php?f=6
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Re: HOWM: Labrador (i486) Development Notes

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:03 am

cool :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:04 am

Go on, vimers, enjoy it. :)

simgin
Meme Fodder

Unread post by simgin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:25 am

Well done guys :)
Someone told me that I am delusional, I almost fell off my unicorn.

harveyhunt
Haxxor

Unread post by harveyhunt » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:23 pm

This is awesome to see MB- thanks for doing this.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:59 pm

^ Hope that there will be some testers and you can get feedback. The last days have been a pleasure to work in howm. It's indeed different from other tilers, and I would recommend it to experienced users. Ratpoison a la vim. :)
..gnutella..