CWM: Egeszsegedre! (586) Development Notes

Forum rules
The releases are not supported anymore. You can install and upgrade, but if you break it you are on your own.
Theo
CLIt Licker

Re: CWM: Egeszsegedre! (586) Development Notes

Unread post by Theo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:10 am

^Thanks, I'll take a closer look. What I wrote was a Quick and Dirty solution. But first things first, connecting an external mouse would be handy. I really like the keybindings and controls of CWM, but it's an old HP notebook. Ideal for little hands, but with 'kohlenschaufels' it's a different story :)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:59 am

Not trying to be a bitch (I am one, in fact): downloading and installing rfkill is a quick and dirty solution if your software kill-switch is turned on and you can not download packages (eg. you have no ethernet connectivity available)?

Sure, one could argue and say the base release should come with rfkill installed - and you'd see hands raised, with people crying for eject, ntfs-3g, openssh-client (but not server!), and maybe even terminator (becoz has tiling), but please drop suckless-tools because it is bloated. I've seen these. And I won't wrap my anus around every dick I see.

Theo, the way I posted works without external packages, it can also be put the same way into /etc/rc.local.
I am not sure how it can solve the problem of installing an external mouse.

Sorry, but I make the RELEASE NOTES section read-only. It says in the header: if there are technical problems, post in the SUPPORT section.
..gnutella..

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:45 am

Thanks for 3000 downloads!
..gnutella..