LXDE: Coal amd64 Release News

Forum rules
The releases are not supported anymore. You can install and upgrade, but if you break it you are on your own.
machinebacon
Baconator

LXDE: Coal amd64 Release News

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:51 am

LinuxBBQ is glad to announce the immediate availability of LinuxBBQ Coal, a release featuring the LXDE desktop environment, based on Debian's unstable and experimental branches. "Coal" is a snapshot of August 6, 2013 and the update of our previous LXDE Base called "Trollinger". The kernel in use is at version 3.10-4 and comes directly from siduction's repositories.
Notable changes to previous versions are lower dependency count due to absence of gtk-3 packages, the removal of LightDM as display manager, the addition of several CLI applications and BBQ Tools, and several improvements and bugfixes.
The main purpose of "Coal" is to provide a lean, but functional base system for those who want to build up their system by themselves and for those who want to create a redistributable remaster. For convenience, use the shopper or roastyourown tool to create your distro.

Info: this version still uses the old systemd (v44) due to problems in the build process. It is, however, possible to partially upgrade systemd to v204 using the Debian experimental repositories and the commang "ins -t experimental systemd"

Download size: 442MB

http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxbb ... o/download

Username: bbq Password: bbq
..gnutella..

bones
Clooney

Re: Coal amd64 Release News

Unread post by bones » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Posting from live CD of Coal 64 right now, will try on bare metal later... :D

hinto
Forums Hottie

Re: Coal amd64 Release News

Unread post by hinto » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:14 pm

MB... about 15 days ahead of schedule ;)
Grabbing it now.
I will "force" myself to make VMWare run dual head, even if I have to switch from OpenBox (in LXDE) to xfwm4.
-Hinto

EDIT: Ouch... even in a vm it's so fast it burns my fingers ;)
I need BBQ Tongs (sounds like yet another Roast ;))
-H
"A human being should be able to... butcher a hog..." -Robert Heinlein