BLACKBOX: Yuebing Release News

Forum rules
The releases are not supported anymore. You can install and upgrade, but if you break it you are on your own.
machinebacon
Baconator

BLACKBOX: Yuebing Release News

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival everybody! Enjoy this unimportant festival with some moon cake ("Yuebing")

- Blackbox Window Manager (no Display Manager, enter the X server with 'startx')
- PCmanFM and Leafpad as only GUI applications
- xlinks is the drop-in browser
- GTK2 is there, but no GTK3
- Faenza Icon theme
- systemd in 204, slightly improved boot times
- 3.11-1 kernel
- extra-fat CLI applications choice (HOT! really)
- super-light on RAM (35-50MB, depending on your PC)
- ready to be customized!

Blackbox is a nice little WM and the father of Fluxbox and the grandfather of Openbox. The keybindings are managed via xbindkeys, and the startup procedure can be customized at .xinitrc. If you want to play around with the themes, check the /usr/share/blackbox folder. To edit the menu, look at ~/.blackbox/menu -- it's really that easy.

Customize with 'sudo roastyourown' and install with 'sudo bbqinstaller' (did you know: you can basically start customization before installation, and the customization will be copied to the hard drive)

Now on Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxb ... /Blackbox/
Filesize: 425MB/406MiB
..gnutella..

bones
Clooney

Re: Yuebing Release News

Unread post by bones » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:42 pm

I'm a big fan of the *box family of WMs, downloading now. Currently playing with the GhostBSD 3.5 beta, Openbox version.

iMBeCil
Oyster-Slurper

Re: BLACKBOX: Yuebing Release News

Unread post by iMBeCil » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:46 pm

"Yuebing"

I am trying to keep number of installation of bbq releases minimal, but this one is funny when read in croatian ... would be roughly translated to english as fuckaeing (intentional misprint) ... so must install

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:21 pm

^ There's always USB sticks :D Happy fuckaein' ;)
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:29 pm

machinebacon wrote: Customize with 'sudo roastyourown' and install with 'sudo bbqinstaller' (did you know: you can basically start customization before installation, and the customization will be copied to the hard drive)
yeah! This is one of the best things about the bbqinstaller.
I have tried it on older releases but I wouldn't recommend an upg before (runs out of room)
theme/tweak ins a couple things (after an upd, or the RYO dialog), then install, then upg - profit!
I guess one could *theoretically* snapshot it after and put it on another USB (not that I'm planning to) ??
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"