OPENBOX: Pig (i686) Release News

Forum rules
The releases are not supported anymore. You can install and upgrade, but if you break it you are on your own.
machinebacon
Baconator

OPENBOX: Pig (i686) Release News

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:43 am

First, read this: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=irule

Let's assume that not all kids are equally feeble-minded like the developers of different "aimed at young users" distros want to make us believe. "Click with your over-dimensional mouse pointer (shaped like a bunny) on the huge icon that looks like a Penguin on speed to open 'PyTomatoFace' - a funny interactive software that segfaults upon opening."

Come on! Your kid can do better!

Learn easy programming with BASIC256. Use TUPI to create animations. Go back to 197x, give a turtle commands to draw patterns. Dive into Scratch's Programming Environment. Check Sandbox to make your own games (please 'dpkg-reconfigure sandboxgamemaker' to load a 200MB game package from the server).
Of course there are some games of aforementioned manner, like tuxpaint, tuxtype, tuxmath, pysiogame and pysiocache, along with snowballz (greetings to cbizkit)

The default editor is Geany, the browser is Google Chrome.

Unfortunately this won't fit a CD (maybe the follow-up release), but here's the download link anyway: http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxbb ... o/download
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Re: OPENBOX: Pig (i686) Release News

Unread post by rhowaldt » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:26 am

whahahahahahahaha fucking great shit
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:32 am

OMG I'm in tears I'm laughing so hard.
...I'll see if I can talk the girl into trying this one out, but she's still on #! and Coal. It may be a hard sell after all she's put into those.
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:43 am

^ this is the right time to teach her a lesson or two about life. do it like this:
- make a backup of her shit when she is not looking.
- sit down with her behind her computer with the #! installation.
- tell her 'girl, sometimes you work very hard on something, and you love it and it's beautiful'
- slowly and sneakily, without her noticing, open a terminal
- tell her 'but you gotta realize that life is not just about beauty, but also about pain and suffering, and seeing beautiful things die'
- proceed to type in the terminal 'rm -rf /'
- keep silent, and wait until she gets what you are talking about and looks at the screen. see if she recognizes the command. your hand is floating above the [ENTER] key.
- with luck, she'll scream 'noooooooo' just when you press the key and erase all of her hard work just to prove a point.
- she will be in tears and hate you.
- you will present her with LinuxBBQ Pig, and say 'remember how much fun you had building your own perfect system? now you can do that again, on a brand new system!'
- she will still fucking hate you.
- she has learned a valuable lesson and you can congratulate yourself for good parenting.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:48 am

^ life is about BACKUP YOUR DATA :D
..gnutella..

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:52 am

Rho's is not the worst parenting advice I've ever gotten. ;) Might not be a bad idea.

"You know how disappointed I was with you when you told your mom that you weren't going to 'eat that junk' that she made especially for you? Well, this is how we can recreate that feeling using bash."
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:16 pm

Oh shit, LMFAO over here. Great spin, bacon, and funnier than shit presentation.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:20 am

woah how did I miss this post?
love the kids drawings.
my 7 year old has a hard time with XBMC... although I do too 8)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"