ROASTYOUROWN: Grill (i686) Release News

Forum rules
The releases are not supported anymore. You can install and upgrade, but if you break it you are on your own.
machinebacon
Baconator

ROASTYOUROWN: Grill (i686) Release News

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:37 pm

"Grill" is for those who want to Roast Their Own distrolet. It is free of X packages, contains no GTK2/GTK3/qt4/qt5 packages, so a bloat-free spin can be easily produced in less than an hour.

This comes with the patched 3.11-6 kernel from siduction. If you fail to establish a network connection, please report back and I will produce an ISO with the vanilla Debian 486 or 686-PAE kernel, or Liquorix.

The toolkit includes:
- "waitress" script that sets up the environment (static/rolling release model, PAE switch, kernel choice, APT vs Aptitude, etc)
- bbq-desktop-metapackage installer (optional: installs X and/or GTK and/or a very basic Openbox+tint2 and/or LXDE, both preconfigured)
- roastyourown script (download and install various package sets for easy setup)
- bbqsnapshot (to create your own ISO, even from a live system)
- bbqinstaller (to install the remaster)

Instructions:
1) download and copy the ISO to a stick or CD
2) boot from the media into the live session, username/password: bbq
3) start "sudo bbqinstaller" and follow the steps. It is recommended to have a spare partition already prepared (for creating remasters at least 3GB should be available), else you have to play with cfdisk.
4) reboot into the installed session
5) run "waitress" and follow the steps or change the settings
6) in "waitress" choose "roastyourown" (which can be run standalone too)
7) the dialogs are quite self-explaining
8) if wished, a redistributable ISO can be created with "bbqsnapshot" at any time

Note: if the 'bbqinstaller' refuses to run even though you are in a live session, open /usr/local/bin/bbqinstaller in an editor and remove the "exit 1" right at the top of the script. Sorry :blush:

It is currently Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:22 am
The ISO will be available in around 1.5 hours at http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxbb ... our%20Own/

Happy weekend!
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Re: ROASTYOUROWN: Grill (i686) Release News

Unread post by wuxmedia » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Thanks - a roasting weekend!
looks like fun.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

dkeg
Configurator