Dr_Chroot

scrots sorted by users. create your own thread if you wish so ;)
Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Re: Dr_Chroot

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:18 am

dkeg wrote:super nice. The bold doesn't look quite right though.
Thanks for that input! Will continue working on the bold colors!
dkeg wrote:Lime is an excellent font. I use it also with

Code: Select all

*letterSpace: 1
Ah! That is what was wrong. I was wondering if it was too scrunched together. Thanks!
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:20 am

well, not using the letterSpace isn't necessarily wrong, but it does make it I think a bit better.

I speaking more of boldFonts, as opposed to bold colors. I tend to not use boldFonts. To inconsistent. Plus I only use 8 colors, not 16.

Edited to add clarity

Work hard; Complain less

stark
MILF

Unread post by stark » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:16 am

And another Hit! Liking the colors too doc
If you can do it go ahead and do it, if you can't do it then don't even criticize it. - gingerdesu

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:27 pm

In the time since my last scrot, I managed to screw up my partitioning scheme and wipe Windows (and everything else) from my lappy :) It was sort of nice to start from scratch and I tossed a nice 90GB partition for BORK! at the front of the HDD and then divvied up the rest with smaller partitions to play with (Gentoo, Slackware, Kwort, and CentOS). Anywho, I (foolishly) hadn't backed up my bar config, so I started from scratch with dotdev's bar, added dkeg's weather notifier and then went from there.

WM: swm + wmutils with gm for workspace management
Font: Artwiz Lime (I know that the letter spacing may seem a wee bit close, but I like it that way :)
IRC: Stark's magnificent weechat config. I just decided to reinstall weechat from scratch and add on all of his goodies. Playing with it from there.

My Iceweasel hasn't changed since last-time and my xcolors are still being tinkered with. I sort of like the bold colors how they are and I sort of don't, but I will probably still play with it before I go public :)
Attachments
03-11.png

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

stark
MILF

Unread post by stark » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:32 pm

Totally loving this color scheme! The setup is awesome as ususal :D
If you can do it go ahead and do it, if you can't do it then don't even criticize it. - gingerdesu

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:09 pm

I ditched the letter space too. Using lemon ATM, and too like the compactness.

I have completely obliterated and restructured my bar config using dotdevs config as the base. It's the bar in my last scrot, with current window title added.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent. Nice post.

Do you use any if the characters from lemon?

Work hard; Complain less

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:20 pm

^ No, I have not used any of the lemon characters. I'll have to take a look at those!

On a side note, your bar is very nice indeed! The workspace switching would be a circus with how gm works. I would assume it is possible, though. I rarely use more than one anyway :)

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:34 pm

Good to start afresh now and again.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:18 pm

Looks good Doc.

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:13 pm

I haven't taken the time to really substantially change anything in my swm config recently, as I have been crazy busy with school and all. I now have a little pile of papers to complete before April, so I am afraid the outlook isn't spectacular for free time :/ That said, I did spend a little bit playing around within Emacs; I have learned tons more than I did before (and I thought I was pretty comfortable in it) and each day is like a whole new world @_@ I was under the misconception that ncurses wouldn't work within the editor, but

M-x ansi-term
cured my of that :D ttyload, htop, and such all work wonderfully!
Attachments
emacschan.png

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:15 pm

^ :) cool

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 am

Wow.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:18 am

Excellent DC, now be sure to catch the last update to the weather output script. Nothing major, mainly cleanup and better structure

Work hard; Complain less

simgin
Meme Fodder

Unread post by simgin » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:29 am

Crikey DC, nice, are you becoming dkeg's protege, hence the teachers comments above me?

cheers
simon
Someone told me that I am delusional, I almost fell off my unicorn.

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:30 am

Thanks all :D Yes, I am playing the new weather script at the moment. I spent the last little while trying to go though and replace all of the lemon symbols with their stlarch cousins, but then decided they just don't look as nice. Going back to the original intent; a change of fonts sounds nice won't hurt me anyway :)

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:20 am

you can use multiple fonts, comma separated.

main font,sltlarch,lemon
Lemonbar (formerly BAR) will allow up to 5 fonts. URXVT will also allow multiple fonts, however, I have yet to have lemon work as a font other than the main option. Check the man page for rxvt-unicode, but you can as above have multiple comma separated fonts.

Work hard; Complain less

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:48 pm

Dr-C - I think you really are eligible for a custom rank! (although a teen, hardly clueless)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:09 pm

Alfalfa

Work hard; Complain less

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:12 pm

^ Actually, I think "Alfalfa" has a nice ring to it :D I think, besides Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman reruns (don't judge me -_-) The Little Rascals was what was most often playing on my tv growing up...

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:21 am

Minimal changes. Still on good ol' swm with wmutils.Nothing changed in the status bar (I don't have dkegweather running in it at the moment) since last time; I simple looked for a little change of scenery and tried Tamsyn instead of Lime as my font of choice :) I usually use rainbow for highlighting the window that I am using at the moment, but as you can imagine it doesn't look right in a scrot, so I disabled that for now.

I am planning on mixing up my weechat config a bit and tinkering with clickable urls in urxvt. For some frustrating reason what I have at the moment just isn't cutting it.

URxvt.perl-ext-common: default,matcher
URxvt.url-launcher: /usr/bin/iceweasel
URxvt.matcher.button: 1
URxvt.colorUL: yellow
Attachments
bbqscrot2.png