noo_b_nomnoms- scrots

scrots sorted by users. create your own thread if you wish so ;)
ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Re: noo_b_nomnoms- scrots

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:02 pm

Looking good noms.
(1/1) Installing: LinuxBBQ...................................[69%]==============[/]

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Thanks, Chef! I pulled the darkest slim-box theme I could find from the KDE official site (from the most popular list- because I have found that the further down that list you go, the buggier the themes sometimes get). I got the wallpaper from their art site as well.
I am just happy it works, lols.
I tried at first to build the debian desktop with Gnome, and upon rebooting and signing in was confronted with this beautiful blue background- and nothing else, lols. I had to manually poweroff. Every keybinding I tried to get a menu or even a terminal up was null. Ha-ha!
I took the exact same route installing KDE that I did with Gnome, so I suspect that I didn't study the suggested or recommends well enough for something I might have needed. oops.
But I have been a little curious about how KDE has come along since the last time I tried them, and I can say that so far this is a much more stable de than the last time I tried (about four years ago) it.
Sir! Put down the hammer and slowly step away from the computer.

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:13 am

openbox.png
I cleared out another couple of partitions and built a lxde over RYO using openbox as a base. I've done the usual bloat on the lxde, so here is a scrot of openbox with tint2, lols. I've just started this, and I haven't really done a whole lot of configuring on it, yet. Just an update on where my mind is blowing atm. :)
On the other hand, I've built a pretty full-featured framebuffer underneath all this. Maybe I should have scrot'd that....
Later, lols! I have to give some attention to my lovely bride! :)
Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:46 am

Wow, it's great to see people come so far.
Not to my personal taste, but hey!
Yeah I, for one, would like to see the FB session.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

sgtbigman
Oyster-Slurper

Unread post by sgtbigman » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:16 pm

Very nice setup, noms!

Side note: Dokken \m/

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:16 pm

like wux says, nice work noms

Work hard; Complain less

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:33 am

openbox.png
So I have this problem with a new install rewriting or just leaving other GRUB entries out.
I am not sure, but I think this has something to do with my BIOS settings.
But here is my latest openbox (Space Oddity)- just thrown together in a couple of hours (thank you, obmenu, lols).
It is also my only os, because when I installed Sparky Linux base this morning, it borked up my Egeszsegedre's GRUB config, and when I installed this, it removed all other boot entries, lols!
But I am getting a good handle on installing and configuring things this way! :)
Using openbox will force me to face my fear of xml- all those indents and <?> and other stuff 8)
(you know I am trying to find a way to shortcut or cheat this, right?)
I'm a little sad right now, but it's ok :)
I really love all you guys!
April showers>May flowers,yadayadayada......

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:40 am

thumbs up

Work hard; Complain less

Theo
CLIt Licker

Unread post by Theo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:56 am

Nice progress! I like it.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:19 am

nooby.

mostly solved by re-running grub as root.

Code: Select all

sudo update-grub
or something, on the OS you want as the 'default' one.
put a support thread in if you want, i think it's been well covered here before.

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:21 am

Aye, there's something weird going on with my grub side labelling partitions with (hd0,msdos1) and then refusing to recognize anything past it. I tried following a grub repair page, then got lost (bored) so I erased both my USB os drives and repartitioned/reformatted them- even gave them new UUID's. And when I grub> ls'd them (empty- nothing installed) they got the funky msdos1 partition crap- which I hear is just a new designation- so ya still have to jump through all the hoops and rewrite the grub configs after a fresh install, or you install grub on each of your separate os partitions and do a chainload from grub_custom40.d (or whatever that is) OR you download boot-repair, which is *e*x*a*c*t*l*y* what I'm doing at this very moment, lols!
I just really don't understand why this just started happening in the last three or four months or so....
No matter! If it can be fixed, then push on I say! lols! :)

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:01 am

^ "(hd0,msdos1)" totally normal for grub. if you look deeper, you'll see when you make a partition table it is still (mostly) an MSDOS table, thats why.
as for the hd0. reminds me of the Amiga's fd0: "floppy drive 0" :)

Is that your excuse as to why are you not in IRC ???

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:07 pm

Yeah :( I need to get on the IRC. Been missing you guys! I will get something up and running by tonight! I am gonna take one more stab at this problem of mine, and then I am done with it, lols!
(Secretly hoping that boot-rescue disk works) ;)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:25 am

Just boot from some linuxbbq ISO and then run "sudo grubrepair", enter /dev/sda for the MBR and /dev/sda1 (for example) as partition to recover. Should fix it.
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:14 pm

seriously, nooby needs his name fixed. look at the shit he is talking about nowadays. he's like the BBQ success story kid :D
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:26 pm

q4os.png
^ You are gonna want to take that back when you read this, lols!
On a whim, and because I had empty partitions, I installed an old Q4OS to test installing the bootloader in the root partitions and running 'update-grub' to workaround whatever was borking my installs. I also changed my boot order to cd,usbhdd,andhdd- in that order.
I don't know which fix 'fixed' it, so it wasn't very smart of me to do both at once. I can only guess that it was changing the boot order.
So I have this ol Q4OS (Deb Jessie based) installed, a 686 kernel, and I do an update and an upgrade. Reboot to a login screen, choose TDE session and log into a big, blue screen with nothing else except for my mouse pointer, lols! I mean no keybindings, no mouse-clicks, nothing. I ended up hitting the power button to get out of it, hahaha!
Where is the Trinity Desktop? I don't know,lols.
So I login to a console, install Openbox, and this is what you're looking at. 8-))
Oh, and Tint2 with a volumeicon.
All the programs still work, Dmenu kicking butt, but Mr.Genius here still has no clue how to get that TDE back other than to try to install TDE from the repos, smh :-))
I might go over to their forum and submit this issue. They do stress a safe upgrade process. But probably not. I'm kinda diggin' what I've got right now. :)
So two openboxes and next spectrewm- after my data resets tonight, lols!

yet another edit- I was totally joking about going to their forum, lols. This was not the fault of their upgrade process.
A Golden Rule for Distro Hoppers: always install the latest version of your intended spin!
I knew this was an outdated version when I installed it. It was just the only available "safe" distro sitting around in my OS storage bin, and I have already blown my data plan.
Then, why the upgrade? Boredom or curiosity would be the most likely culprits, lols! Besides it gave me a great boredom killer ;)

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:13 pm

^ is that Mrs Nooby? She looks worried, like her face is going to be all over the internet, with a bunch of guys she doesn't know lookin' at it...

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:49 pm

Ha! You are correct, wux! She always looks worried, though, lols!
She doesn't mind as long as I'm not posting pron of her (which I would never do- I love her and I also value my family jewels!).
She likes to know I'm thinking of her and not some other vixen ;)

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:14 pm

that wasn't such a disappointing read. except of course: tint2 with a volume icon? come on man. you could easily make your own volume-up/volume-down/mute scripts (tied to custom keybinds, of course) that directly change the values of amixer master, then pipe those values to bar. damn noob. :D
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:16 pm

pffff

Work hard; Complain less