noo_b_nomnoms- scrots

scrots sorted by users. create your own thread if you wish so ;)
machinebacon
Baconator

Re: noo_b_nomnoms- scrots

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:50 pm

I should mention that nomnom's scrots don't make my eyes bleed anymore; well done sir, just btw :D
..gnutella..

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:43 pm

I humbly thank you, kind sir! :)
Sir! Put down the hammer and slowly step away from the computer.

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:12 am

steampunky-2016-10-30_00-54-09.png
funky_wooden-folders-2016-10-30_00-01-03.png
Enlightenment- just because, lols.

I guess I lied. I am still working on getting the keybindings down on my fb setup- I have kinnnndddda set byobu with tmux, but I am still struggling with moving around it smoothly (read learning just how to get it to work), so when I get bored with it I go off on tangents, and this is the result.

I kinda dig E. It is still a little quirky for me. They do have some really cool themes, though. :)

I'm not even going to show you the Plasma desktop I also built on one of my other tangents, even though it looks pretty cool :P (trying to act cool and nonchalant when actually kinda embarrassed that his framebuffer project is taking so long, lols)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:01 am

haha this is the world-known migraine-causing DE. Seriously, I get severe migraines after using E17 for more then 3 minutes. Have fun and see you soon in a normal WM again :D
..gnutella..

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:59 am

^ This.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:05 pm

mwahahahah ... you are now in my power

Work hard; Complain less

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:30 pm

noo_b_nomnoms wrote:[attachment=0]I have kinnnndddda set byobu with tmux
Why byobu? Just learn how basic tmux works, and only add "enhancements" later if you are absolutely sure you need them. Every time you add complications like byobu it's just one more thing to learn and another package to install every time you do a new install.

From the wikipedia byobu entry:
wikipedia wrote: It is intended to improve terminal sessions when users connect to remote servers.
Are you connecting to remote servers?

And from a blog about byobu:
Enhance Screen on your screen with Byobu, open source software that makes Screen more user friendly and functional.
I hate the term "user friendly" -- when I see that it makes me sure I don't need whatever is being discussed.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:01 pm

^ indeed, not ganging up, but tmux does everything quite nicely without byobu, mainly you would have to learn different commands than raw tmux.
i have all my machines on one tmux session on a work server. it can be very handy for NOX sessions as it allows copy paste (albeit quite tricky to learn)
have a look at the tmux.conf thread. copy one of those out, i use screen like commands, just in case a colleague ends up in my session.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:19 pm

^ I'm not even sure what byobu is really for - maybe making screen and tmux work with the same keybindings? It does give a slightly "prettier" output on Ubuntu's version (haven't fucked around much with Debian's byobu) but apart from that, no idea :D

nomnom won't bite, he's just playin' :D
..gnutella..

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:02 pm

I am almost certain byobu was a big mistake, lols.
The way I read it, it was supposed to enhance (originally Screen- then it embraced) tmux.

I have found out the hard way (again, lols) that I didn't read deeply enough, and indeed pidsley is right. It has a hard focus on remote servers, and I've never been that type who just had to have a remote computer or server somewhere- heck, I don't move files between my smartphone and my box all that much (KDE Connect is really the easiest at doing this, btw).

I like the way it looks visually, but it is a headache. The keybindings are easier than tmux, but they don't seem to work.

On the other hand, I was having the same problem with keybindings not working in tmux and that was why I was out shopping around for something different.

The one thing I should have done is post a simple question here about byobu. Better yet, I could have posted my problems with the keybindings not working in tmux in the support thread.

I am pretty sure byobu is going to be a major headache to get rid of. It seems to have taken over. There are almost as many configs and files as x11 throughout my box.

Thanks, guys. I don't look at this as "piling on"- I take every critique as a lesson, or at least as an argument as to "why" or "why not".
Sometimes it takes more than one hammer to get through this thick skull, lols.

I almost forgot about the E17, lols! I am going to keep it even though I have the same headache bacon gets after using it for any period of time just because it's fun to mess around with the theme editor, lols! I just like playing with stuff I probably shouldn't be messing with to see how much it can stand before it crashes- I learn a lot that way ;)
Besides, I have working openbox, dwm, cwm, jwm, and KDE Plasma as well as E17 to choose from now.
I just need to learn how to framebuffer properly, and I think I might have enough to keep me occupied for at least a month or more!

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:36 am

I really need sticky notes. :( I now remember that I had to copy a tmux config in order to get it working last time.
Thanks, wux for reminding me!
Yikes! All that headache for nothing! I'm buying a bottle of ginko biloba at the very next Walmart I run across!

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:43 am

^ in case you haven't found it: /usr/share/doc/tmux/examples/ should have a few examples of tmux files. The best one is anyway our own: cp /etc/skel/.tmux.conf ~/.tmux.conf

and later backup your existing (and working) .tmux.conf somewhere safe:

sudo cp ~/.tmux.conf /etc/skel/.tmux.conf_nom
..gnutella..

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:47 am

Thanks, machinebacon! Probably a better idea than a post-it note to my forehead, lols!

franksinistra
Ivana Fukalot

Unread post by franksinistra » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:15 am

^ just my 2 cents:
I assume your phone is an Android phone? just use plain ol' ADB https://packages.debian.org/sid/android-tools-adb or SFTP.
All mtpfs implementations will always cause you headache in the future. KDE connect especially.
rice no more.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:51 am

^ I agree, I sftp files to/from my Android devices - if you like clickypointy go with filezilla on the desktop, and the infamous ES File Explorer on your phone. It does have a "remote manager" or something like that, then it gives you an IP address to connect to. Super easy.
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:13 pm

I take the SD card out for large files - still slow as fuck :D
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

franksinistra
Ivana Fukalot

Unread post by franksinistra » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:37 pm

^^ yup, that es file explorer is a keeper.

^ lucky dude, my phone have no microsd slot. Stuck with an OTG-flashdrive (horrendously slow).
rice no more.

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:12 am

I know what you mean, franksinistra! I have a three year old Moto X.
No SD card and it has a heckuva time with newer apps.
And I thought I was the only one with ES File Explorer! Great app!
I never thought about using filezilla. It was one of my favorite downloaders, but I haven't added it to new distros in a long time. I may check out SFTP first.
Thanks, guys!

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:19 am

2016103114779561891280x800.png
2016103114779569501280x800.png
Side by side, here are my KDE Plasma Workdesk and my JWM.
Much gratitude to pidsley! Not only is this his jwmrc (blue) with the beautiful window borders and menus, etc, he also figured out how to permanently keep both the volumeicon in the panel and a wallpaper on the screen between boots.
Game of Thrones Crow wallpaper from some wallpaper site.
What to say about KDE....it's a desktop. It's not the full-blown Neon setup, so it's responsive enough. Everything works, Evil_Linux_Wallpaper.jpg from some wallpaper site, yada, yada, yada....
Btw, did you notice the little Gnome footprint at the menu spot? Crazy Gnomes showing up everywhere, lols!
I actually had a Plasma de running a full-blown Compiz on a big HP laptop that looked great. That was one laptop I would dare you to keep on your lap, lols! It never hung, but I had to buy a fan-pad for it because I was scared it would set my desk (mattress, jeans) on fire! It finally melted the solder points away from the motherboard and that was that!

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:13 am

2016110414783035571280x800.png
Spectrwm.
Still a work in progress.
Thanks to pidsley for helping me figure out my font problems.
Not to hard to use once you get used to the keybindings :)