wmutils / sxhkd

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Re: wmutils / sxhkd

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:39 pm

Someone talked me into wmutils all natural :) so no more yawee. The one thing I missed from corners was middle placement. But most of the time I placed one center and dragged left and one right middle, got tired of that real quick.
(1/1) Installing: LinuxBBQ...................................[69%]==============[/]

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:04 pm

haha, I actually forgot yawee was not part of core, Core has focus_watcher, but it does not do enough, that's why I used yawee. I guess I could rewrite it to include what yawee provided. yawee is dependant on vroum; focus_watcher (I renamed fw) depends on focus.sh is the same.
BTW, corner does have middle.

Code: Select all

corner md $(pfw)
but your middles script is a super cool addition. I added bbdr to my toolbag for active border based on battery state/level.

Work hard; Complain less

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:43 pm

IIRC corner was another zebra script.. she gone :) just wmutils, opt and contrib for me. I did add the middle.sh and the border color edit to focus.sh using global variables. I really don't think I have given anything up for my workflow.

This is a OCD playground :D

I do love the idea of turning my border red (indicator) when battery levels get low and maybe flash red when critical and need to be charged.
(1/1) Installing: LinuxBBQ...................................[69%]==============[/]

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:51 pm

oh crap, you're right. Jeez. I do wonder why the seperate projects? I need catch him on irc one day and ask.

I did add the pulsing at low level, otherwise just a solid border. I should find out soon if it works.

Work hard; Complain less

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:31 pm

I don't think it matters we get to be 'the WM' and do it whatever way we want and that is a beautiful thing. :)

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:56 pm

you are right, and I'm glad to have a partner for this journey!

okay, first attempt did not work, second did. I changed rainbow to rnbw and have only pulsing with battery below [n] level pulsing b/t color1 and color8, else static colors, still based on battery state and level

Work hard; Complain less

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:39 am

just did a pretty significant GH update for wmtls.

Work hard; Complain less

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:03 pm

Good stuff dkeg especially like the bbdr :)

updated middles.sh with a offset so it can be adjusted for different monitor sizes and specific placement.

z3bra
Window Manager

Unread post by z3bra » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:01 am

Hey hi fellas!

I wish I started reading it from the start. I feel truly proud to see the dedication you put into this, and would love to give a hand!
I know my script cover more cases than the one in contrib, and it should be fixed. This repo is for the community, so if you,have any idea to improve them, I'd love to add them! (I also accept pull request if you want your name in the commit log ;))

I also love the middle.sh idea! I should probably add it to the "corner" script, and rename it. We also discussed with dkeg about a "maximize" script. Did you find some time to test the snippet I created?

Also, thanks again for making this a worthy project, I truly appreciate it. And if you like wmutils, it's perfect for me! :D
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:25 am

Cool z3bra, thanks for chiming in! Chef and I had a great time with it. Yes, I use maximize vertical all the time! I was close to getting a max horizontal working but couldn't get it working properly. It works but only on second keybind press. First key press resizes the window a bit and shoves in the bl corner.

One thing Chef and I went through is determing the difference b/t your scripts and wmutils/contrib|opt scripts. At first we had a mix of both, then putting the effort in to go as pure wmutils as possible, mainly to reduce redundancy and easier to track where stuff is from. So curious, why the 2 parallel projects?

Anyway, awesome project. It was a great project from a user perspective to get it going, configured, and organized. I enjoy using it. So for that, thank you!

Work hard; Complain less

z3bra
Window Manager

Unread post by z3bra » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:23 pm

These are not "separate" projects. We created contrib for people willing to contribute to the project, by providing scripts that would both be used by the community, and serve as a kind of "documentation".

To avoid having an empty project, I converted some of my existing script to a more "sharable" format, using a more explicit naming convention. I also tried to make them as little dependent as possible, which is why they differ from my own scripts.

I don't expect people to use them as is. I expect people to clone the repo, and use these as a "base system". Kindof like a config.def.h, or something.conf.example.
So I want them to be as clean and generic as possible.
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:17 pm

Cool, exactly what we did/doing

Work hard; Complain less

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:52 pm

Yes its been a good time sorting things out and at the end of the day we got exactly what we wanted. Thanks z3bra for all the hard work.

z3bra
Window Manager

Unread post by z3bra » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:10 pm

It was a pleasure ;)
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER.

z3bra
Window Manager

Unread post by z3bra » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:25 pm

New update regarding wmutils! And I need some help from you guys.
I made a new branch on the core/ repo named "wmlib". You can check it here: https://github.com/wmutils/core/tree/wmlib.
For now it is supposed to work EXACTLY like the master branch, except all the functions have been exported to wmlib.[ch], and should be usable by anyone to build a WM (or any tool dealing with window manipulation).
It's not finished yet, but I just wanted to make sure the "base library" is stable so I can use it as a starting point. I did some checks myself, and everything seems to be running fine (for core at least. Next step will be the opt/ repo functions), but if you guys can find some time, I'd love to have some feedbacks about its stability.

The end goal will be to ship wmlib from its own repo, and have wmutils rely on it.
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER.

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:03 pm

^ cool need to investigate.

A simple group indicator I added reading wmutils group.sh files and displaying icons thru lemonbar. ( plus is they look like boobies)

Showing groups 2 & 4 being used center top (I use 4 only)
scrot-09-26-2015-09-48-06.png
gind1.sh

#!/bin/sh

FSDIR=${FSDIR:-/tmp/groups.sh}
group1=""

if [ -f $FSDIR/group.1 ];
    then group1=""
    else group1=""
fi

echo "$group1"
snippet from statusbar.sh

group1() {
    group1=$(gind1.sh)
    echo $group1
}

etc
and

%{c}%{F${a}${XCOL5}} $(group1) $(group2) $(group3) $(group4
check myhub for complete

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:57 pm

oh, nice man.

Work hard; Complain less

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:03 pm

nice boobies.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:44 pm

A small change to fullsreen.sh to protect my panel.

Looks like this now ...
scrot-10-04-2015-10-52-58.png

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:34 pm

^ looks excellent :)
..gnutella..