IRC for live help

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

IRC for live help

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:53 pm

If you need live help from the LinuxBBQ community then log into the IRC channel at Freenode #linuxbbq. We cannot be always there, so be patient and do not forget we live in different time zones. Be nice and we will be, too. :D
Last edited by ivanovnegro on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed channel

slixz85
Horny teen

Re: IRC for live help

Unread post by slixz85 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:40 am

sounds good I was just wondering about this. I might be a bit more of a bs'n fool when i join though. lol. this site is really pickin up lately as well. good job to all involved or just machinebacon not sure.
DECIDE wut it is you really want 2 do in the World, the 1 thing that'll (150 years from now) cause 'em to exclaim,
"He did something AMAZING." And then grab some Beer and go watch ESPN. That's enough self-delusional B***S*** for 1 day."

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:07 am

bacon makes the releases - we try and help out where we can. 8D

I don't think we've had too many tech related chats in IRC IIRC 8)
bacon's on jabber as well. not quite sure how that works
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:13 am

^ Jabber is quite easy, one example would be Gtalk, uses it, too.