[Solved] Camel Carcass ceni question

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
archvortex
Uninstaller

[Solved] Camel Carcass ceni question

Unread post by archvortex » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:29 pm

@dkeg it's the urxvt terminal with the release. I haven't touched any of the configs yet either.

Can someone else check/confirm that Ceni is working with this edition? I can't get wlan0 up working. Tried manually starting it, playing around with /etc/network/interfaces, wpa_supplicant, etc. When I click on Roam it says that there is no wlan0 and if I click on Scan I get the message in the scrot. Rfkill is not installed so that's not blocking anything. Ceni works on Tater Salad and Summer 2014 on this laptop. A definite ball ache needless to say. I just need to know if it's me being a 'tard and not seeing the obvious or if something is wrong with Ceni with this edition. Thanks guys!!

(moderator note -- moved from Release Notes. Please do not ask support questions in the Release Notes section)
Attachments
2014070514045804761280x800.png
Last edited by archvortex on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
GUIs??? We don't need no stinkin' GUIs!!!
LinuxBBQ - No bloated bullshit to meet the needs of the less technical Linux user
Color is bloat

Alad
should take a shower

Re: Camel Carcass ceni question

Unread post by Alad » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:52 pm

can you post an inxi -n ?

Also, have you checked with gogol on 'nl80211 could not set interface 'wlan0' up'
It's funny how we used to be able to do real stuff with rudimentary computers, but now we can't. -- ratcheer

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:01 pm

The base has changed from Siduction to Debian, that's why there are some changes (for example no inxi, which came from siduction)

sudo apt-get install firmware-brcm80211 firmware-iwlwifi

should do the trick
..gnutella..

archvortex
Uninstaller

Unread post by archvortex » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:32 am

Thanks MB!! I should have remembered that firmware-iwlwifi was needed to install Debian on my old Compaq laptop (getting past the network section). Doh!!!

And thanks Pidsley for moving this to the right section :)
GUIs??? We don't need no stinkin' GUIs!!!
LinuxBBQ - No bloated bullshit to meet the needs of the less technical Linux user
Color is bloat