Notion Wm

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
simgin
Meme Fodder

Notion Wm

Unread post by simgin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:53 pm

Hello all :)

I'm trying the Oyster with bags of Wms , and it runs into an error when startup, just after I enter Login & Password . I'm testing it in a VM, and the other Wms are fine, just not Notion.

It says : >>Unknown class "WTiling" , cannot create region.

Rest of the text is about making a backup of the .lua file if you are running a session.

Cheers
Simgin

PS: this is bloody fun all this WM hopping :o)
Someone told me that I am delusional, I almost fell off my unicorn.

machinebacon
Baconator

Re: Notion Wm

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:07 am

Yep, there are two WMs that don't play well on Oyster when they are installed with other WMs. You can read about the testing phase here: http://linuxnoob.freeforums.org/post5163.html#p5163
Remember that Oyster is an Alpha release (so, around 5 steps away from being stable) and that those fubar Wms will be dropped if they don't comply.

FWIW, apt-get install notion, you can try to pull this on a Debian netinstall + xserver-xorg-* and see if it satisfies.
..gnutella..

simgin
Meme Fodder

Re: Notion Wm

Unread post by simgin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:12 am

Thank you for the quick reply MB
Sorry I missed the Alpha version bit, I've been too busy curious with the WMs.

I was surprised about the speed of Metacity, didn't expect that tbh :)
Welldone!

Cheers
Simgin
Someone told me that I am delusional, I almost fell off my unicorn.