[FIXED] Bowlful Boot Error

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

[FIXED] Bowlful Boot Error

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:53 pm

So I tried playing a little with Bowlful and I continue to get hung up at the same part of the init (attached). I googled around and found this thread on LinuxQuestions. I guessed, then, that I might be looking at a problem with fstab:

Code: Select all

proc		/proc	proc	defaults	0	0
/swapfile	swap	swap	defaults	0	0
UUID="b9d1d215-3a25-4e47-bfc5-909abd338d75"	/	ext4	defaults,noatime	0	1
/swapfile	swap	swap	defaults	0	
I decided to look at my BORK! one and all it read was

Code: Select all

proc		/proc	proc	defaults	0	0
/dev/sda5	/	ext4	defaults,noatime	0	1
Maybe I should remove the /swapfile lines on Slackware(Bowlful)?
Attachments
IMG_0805.JPG
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Re: [FIXED] Bowlful Boot Error

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:08 pm

Hmm... I reinstalled and there are no errors coming up. Guess I should have tried that before, didn't think that would change anything :)
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden