Two questions: 1) Rocks! RT-kernel? 2)SystemD and Sid?

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
machinebacon
Baconator

Re: Two questions: 1) Rocks! RT-kernel? 2)SystemD and Sid?

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:37 am

Looks good to me. Even 75kbit wouldn't mean "all night", at a file size of <400MB.

Code: Select all

3% [>                                      ] 14,533,839   208KB/s  eta 35m 14s
..gnutella..

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:14 am

pidsley wrote:
Rhowaldt, you might want to update the "releases" page here: http://linuxbbq.org/editions2.html (it still says Tollinger is a respin of Saltimbocca and "our recommendation for 32-bit") -- also the "get it here" link goes to the release notes (which implies Trollinger is 32-bit only), while the other "get it here" links either go to a blog post or directly to download.
Done, thanks (I've simply forgotten/ignored it; had a bit of real-life stuff going - the links to blog/forum post are wanted like this, yes).
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:16 am

sorry, that wasnt a compliant my end, my connection maxes out at 700-800k period, debian servers, commercial servers...anything - i meant it was blazing fast.
I know i've made fun of your connection before, no complaints from me whatsoever 8)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 am

^ I know wux, wasn't pointed at you ;)
..gnutella..

Potatohead
killall X

Unread post by Potatohead » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:34 am

Hi Machinebacon, I am sorry, my typed words look rude. I am aware you all do this in your free time and for free, and I am grateful for that. I was looking for the cause of the problem, apologies again if it looked insulting, it was not meant like that, how could I, i really like your work.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:31 am

It happens that the server is a bit slow, believe me I would be happy about having a more reliable speed or connection, but that's the way it is for now. In a few weeks I will provide torrents for the more popular downloads; right now it sems that the LXDE and "lite" spins are "most wanted".
Cheers!
..gnutella..

Potatohead
killall X

Unread post by Potatohead » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 am

Okidoki. The download is IN anyway, but I'm @work now and tonight as well, will install Trollinger64 tomorrow.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 am

@mb give me (or us) a shout when the torrents are available.
running a (home) server 24/7...
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Okay, here's the first one: http://linuxbbq.org/torrents/LinuxBBQ%2 ... 64.torrent

Thanks!
..gnutella..

Potatohead
killall X

Unread post by Potatohead » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:44 pm

<3

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:49 pm

just want to mention the fact that torrents depend on sharing, so a faster download speed isn't guaranteed in any way. in fact, if nobody shares, you might not get your download at all. which is why the direct-download method is often the best. we had torrents for the earliest BBQ releases, and i noticed that there would be a spike in seeders at the release-date that would slowly go off into nothingness after about a week. at any rate, bacon is doing people a great service once again by providing the torrent despite all of this :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

gurtid
Uninstaller

Unread post by gurtid » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:12 am

there's also uget in the repos which is a gtk front end for wget. It works very well and supports resume and all the other 'expected' stuff. Haven't had an issue with direct downloads on bbq (with uget).
The Beaver Destroys Forests