[Solved]iceweasel and icedove in mother

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
drum
Riesenpenis

[Solved]iceweasel and icedove in mother

Unread post by drum » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Just running in live-mode 'mother', when i go in synaptic i can't find iceweasel and icedove.
Now standard is the ice-ape suite but i want to gave iceweasel and icedove instead, before i install this to my desktop.
How can i manage this?
Last edited by drum on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Re: iceweasel and icedove in mother

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi, it's been a while since i used synaptic, please make sure you have 'updated' it. remember installing it 'live' won't make it appear once you've installed.
i can assure you once she's installed, you can install anything from the sid repo's, which i can only presume includes what you wanted.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:58 pm

+1 drum, please "apt-get update" and "apt-get dist-upgrade" in a terminal, or the equivalent in synaptic.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:29 pm

that'll be 'sudo apt-get update' 8)
or if your bbqing, just type 'upd' then your password. 'upg' to upgrade.
then you could 'search iceweasel' and 'ins iceweasel'
oh the bbq mmmh ready roasted.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:58 pm

indeed, just don't use Synaptic. use the command-line. all the cool guys and girls do it. just say 'yes'.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

drum
Riesenpenis

Unread post by drum » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:16 pm

ok tnx. guys, now i have another problem: tested 'mother' live and tested 'proof' in vbox i don't know wich one to choose they are really spicy. It is really difficult to choose one, what can you die-harders advice to a newbie in bbq-land?
A friend of me has installed 'Trollinger' and he says: "Still some glitches and work to do. For instance : keyboard always jumps back to USA/GB. Log out not possible with "log out button". Error when updating via update manager."
Hopefully it is not so with 'mother'/'proof'? What cind of meat should i put on the bbq, please some advice?

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:51 pm

^ well he should post here, instead of telling you his problems. 8)
as with real bbq's giving the meat to someone else to grill is a tricky - they are going to cook that steak to a cinder, except you like it bloody as hell.

i happen to dislike LDXE (trollinger) I really like XCFE (proof)
personally - i'd go for proof and add what you need.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:33 am

@drum: the beauty of the BBQ is that you pick your own meat. if you have no idea what meat to pick, you might lack knowledge of meat, and you should ask yourself whether this is the BBQ you want to be at. either knowledge of meat or the active willingness to acquire that knowledge is a very strong recommendation.

just go with your gut.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:39 am

drum wrote:ok tnx. guys, now i have another problem: tested 'mother' live and tested 'proof' in vbox i don't know wich one to choose they are really spicy. It is really difficult to choose one, what can you die-harders advice to a newbie in bbq-land?
A friend of me has installed 'Trollinger' and he says: "Still some glitches and work to do. For instance : keyboard always jumps back to USA/GB. Log out not possible with "log out button". Error when updating via update manager."
Hopefully it is not so with 'mother'/'proof'? What cind of meat should i put on the bbq, please some advice?
Welcome to 'Q

The friend of yours can do this:
1) keymaps are selected during installation and can be altered using the bbqsys tool or as usual in Debian:

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
then, also as usual in openbox, add the preferred keymap to autostart

nano ~/.config/openbox/autostart
add the line

setxkbmap fr #for French, for example
Nothing to do with BBQ.

2) Absolutely possible to log out with the button. There are 2 working ways to log out: LXDE menu, LXpanel icon, Openbox root menu. All do work.

3) What's the error in Update Manager? It is anyway not recommended, I have added it because some whiners wanted to have a one-click solution.

Reference: I am using Trollinger (32 and 64) right now and use it every day. Believe the guy who spins it. Trollinger is way better than Proof, in all aspects.
..gnutella..

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:52 am

You have to choose your meat carefully, we cannot decide for you. I would again choose a different plate than Machine and Rho.

Do not forget, you are running plain Debian Sid when you come to the Grill with only some bonus spices added, that means you have to use often your hands to eat instead of deluxe cutlery.

@Maszter Grill: We should remove the update manager.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 am

^ In my heart it is purged and killed dead! ;) Lesson #23: don't listen to others except they share your opinion
..gnutella..

drum
Riesenpenis

Re: [Solved]iceweasel and icedove in mother

Unread post by drum » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Decision is made ​​for 'mother' is fully installed.
During the installation, I opted for Belgian keyboard and locales, once started, this was not through. Did everything changed in the terminal and everything is ok now. Is this a bug in the installer that you do not know?
Now some new ingredients in it and let the bbq fun begin.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:40 pm

not a bug but a missing localization. it is fixed up by the bbq system tool bbqsys in the installed system, but I'm working right now on a seamless solution like an integrated firstrunwizard inside of a new installer. roast tight!
..gnutella..

drum
Riesenpenis

Unread post by drum » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 am

don't hit me but, 'mother' is gone :(, i have decided to go with 'elitist' on my netbook.
so a new grill is now taking place at this very moment ;)

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:24 pm

*rhowaldt hits dura simply because he asked not to be hit, and for killing his own mother as well, you just don't do that man, you just don't*

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:37 pm

Elitist is so much better. Well done Laurent ;)
..gnutella..

o.g.
runs Testing

Unread post by o.g. » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Hello Drum

My bbq experience : a first attempt with mother and then Elitist 64 !

O.G.

drum
Riesenpenis

Unread post by drum » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:56 pm

and i really love the ram-use of it: 88,4MB,wonderfull, dit is een bbq feestje waard.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:05 pm

i just installed Boner then put KDE and GNOME3 on it. ;)

drum
Riesenpenis

Unread post by drum » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:23 pm

^ how is it on resources the boner?