linuxbbq based on stable branch

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
rhowaldt
Dog

Re: linuxbbq based on stable branch

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:21 pm

enjoy your daughter denethor. i'd say postpone the bbq for a bit, or try refracta stuff. as for your GUI-addiction: trust me, if you just step back into the CLI for a bit, things will become just as easy soon enough, especially with your kind of background. it might've moved out of the forefront of your brain, but it is certainly still there at the back. only need to dig it up. i use both CLI and GUI next to eachother, because i am a pragmatic dude. there's no shame (okay maybe a little ;) , just do whatever the fuck you want, that's what the BBQ is all about.

Jules, you touched my heart with the effort you put into this for denethor. love you brother xoxoxo
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

denethor
Oyster-Slurper

Unread post by denethor » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:46 pm

machinebacon wrote:Okay, bad news. The live ISO does not boot, it bails out where the new mounting options for the live ISOs were integrated and falls to initramfs prompt. This is exactly the reason why Debian Jessie does not work with BBQ tools. Wheezy probably already works, but not lame-ass Jessie.
Sorry to disappoint. I also spent 4 hours to get this thing to work, but nope.
As said, install the deb packages for refractsnapshot and refractainstaller and "git clone https://github.com/linuxbbq/<the repos>" and you got it done in less than 20 minutes.
Thank you for your efforts. I still can't believe that you actually wanted to try and make this release happen... You are my hero from now on. Thanks again.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:27 pm

@rhosey: I really wanted to know if it actually works :) So far, the installed session (install BBQ, change the repos, change APT preferences, upd/upg/dist-upg) is easy-peasy, but it also downgrades the live-tools, and that's where it breaks when we make a snapshot for the live ISO. thanks for the kisses anyway :D

@denethor: I admit, today I'm free and I anyway wanted to play with Linux a bit, so it's a win-win situation :D Just a bit sad panda because it doesn't work for the live session. Well -- there's a way to fix it (keeping live-boot and live-config from the sid repos and downgrading everything else), but then it will break sometime in the near future when Jessie gets some updates.
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:50 pm

This whole dedication is why Bacon is our BDFL - Hmm even bacon's current avatar is sporting a flat cap like Volkerding :)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:26 pm

^ BDFL, stands for "Big Dicks Fuck Longer" :D
..gnutella..

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:44 pm

^Thanks, I wondered about that one, but were too scared to know...the horrible truth!
Sorry guys, no signature for a while, too busy with life. :|

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:50 pm

BDFL: believe dis foolish linuxer :D
..gnutella..

denethor
Oyster-Slurper

Unread post by denethor » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:42 am

RYO: Greatest Hits (586) Release Notes (Based on Debian Stable - Jessie)

http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2441