cursor theme XFCE

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
orionthehunter
Oyster-Slurper

cursor theme XFCE

Unread post by orionthehunter » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:19 pm

On Kielbasa, no matta what I do I can't change the cursor theme. I've tried the xfce settings, lxappearance, update-alternatives --config x-cursor-theme... Okay those are really the only methods I know, but they've always worked for me in the past.

Wherefor art my cursor always be black!

Potatohead
killall X

Re: cursor theme XFCE

Unread post by Potatohead » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:22 am

Ok, I will look at my other box, which has xfce, i will see what the settings are, maybe it helps you. In 12 hours or so ( first sleep, then some urgent work)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:07 am

They are overridden by .Xresources or a manually set configuration. Sorry to link instead of giving the instructions (it would be a copy-job anyway):

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cu ... sor_Themes
..gnutella..

Potatohead
killall X

Unread post by Potatohead » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:48 pm

For what it's worth: on my old PC ("Bertha") my XFCE has a settings manager (right click, settings). One of the settings is for Mouse. One of the options in Mouse is Theme. I see a black DMZ and a white DMZ theme, which means a black mouse or white mouse. There are also other things to set (the style of the mouse pointer, the size etc.).

On my Linuxbbq I have not installed XFCE so I don't now how different that menu is .

Hope this helps.

drum
Riesenpenis

Unread post by drum » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:57 pm

^for what it's worth, on my 'mother' i can choose between,DMZ white and black, handhelds, red and whiteglass.
all done by the method that Potatohead just given.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:00 pm

running Kielbasa with i3wm I changed the cursor theme w/o a hitch using lxappearance. Pretty much the above method Potatohead and drum just described. Usually have to log out and back in again to see the change.

Work hard; Complain less