radiotray on 'etilist'

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
drum
Riesenpenis

radiotray on 'etilist'

Unread post by drum » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi, i am very happy with etilist on my netbook(32bit), radiotray works fine.
Today i downloaded the 64bit and give it a live-session on my desktop but radiotray doesn't start when i click on it. Is it because it's in a live-session?
I am sure if radiotray works that i will replace my lmde-xfce onoffical with etilist, any suggestions?

rhowaldt
Dog

Re: radiotray on 'etilist'

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:02 pm

i don't have Elitist here right now so cannot check for you, but do what you'd always do when troubleshooting something that isn't working: trace it back to its origins. In other words, check the config file for the menu and see what the radiotray-entry points to. then try and see if that pointer exists by running it from your terminal.
remember that Bacon roasts these things on his own so even though he is a very, very thorough person, tiny 'bugs' like this can sometimes creep in (assuming it is indeed the distro at fault here). at any rate, you can install radiotray yourself on an installed Elitist, or check out bbqradio which will replace radiotray later (i believe it is in Cameltoe).

if this is the only thing stopping you from using Elitist...
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

drum
Riesenpenis

Unread post by drum » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:11 pm

ok, tnx for the info rhowaldt, tomorrow i will install etilist on one of my machines

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:46 pm

don't worry, you'll do fine :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:08 am

Even though it does not work in the live session, not sure about it, just install and see for yourself. Later we can trouble shoot it. I think it is not a big issue and we will solve it.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:18 am

reason: it is not installed but i created a shortcut bc it doesnt create one in lxde menu.

upd && ins radiotray

and it will work

in other words: a bug, because - as rho said - i already planned to replace radiotray with our own lightweight radio player that does not depend on gstreamer (which is otherwise unused by the default apps)
sorry for the confusion
..gnutella..

drum
Riesenpenis

Unread post by drum » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:14 am

no problem, i will make the install later on today