urxvt tabbedex not working

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
machinebacon
Baconator

Re: urxvt tabbedex not working

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:19 am

^ ...and then, when you finally see the light at the end of the tunnel somebody tells you to try emacs and have all the flashing lights inside of one program :)
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:19 am

Snap wrote:yeah, I'm at the stage of finding somewhat ergonomic keybindings in urxvt and tmux that don't step every other toes when running programs inside them and are not stolen by the WM. I guess once you are done with it you can use it forever.
yes, useful to recall that 'esc' is an alt alternative. hit 'esc' then your command letter.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:14 pm

@snap: at any rate, just.. keep going. go towards the light! :D it will be fine, no worries :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Snap
Sperminator

Unread post by Snap » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:13 pm

^ ...and then, when you finally see the light at the end of the tunnel somebody tells you to try emacs and have all the flashing lights inside of one program :)
I know it will happen ;) But emacs feels like the immensity at first sight. Give time to time.

@wux: thanks. I'll put that in a tattoo.

@rho: Just like a bug in the night.