Black screen on custom ISO created with bbqsnapshot

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
n00b542
Distrowatcher

Black screen on custom ISO created with bbqsnapshot

Unread post by n00b542 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Hey all, here's the thing that's bothering me
I wanted to create a custom ISO from Bork, but before that I updated bbqinstaller. Customized it to my own liking, installed kernel 3.19.3 from siduction repos and all good. The next thing I did was I created a snapshot with bbqsnapshot, all went ok. Tried booting the custom ISO in vmware and it loaded to a point till I got the message "cannot enable mode on tty" or something. I then changed the union to overlay from aufs in /usr/lib/bbqsnapshot/iso/isolinux/isolinux.cfg and created the new ISO. Tested it in vmware and seems like it loaded the kernel and initram but after that nothing, just black screen.

What am I doing wrong ?
I'd really love to create fully working image

EDIT
I did try booting with all the options available on both ISOs but the problem is always the same

pidsley
Hermit

Re: Black screen on custom ISO created with bbqsnapshot

Unread post by pidsley » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:08 pm

At the top of this page:
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others.
You changed a lot of things at once, and broke something. Good luck.

Next time, make a snapshot of a recent release *before* you change anything, and try to boot it on bare metal. If that works, change one thing at a time until it breaks.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:50 am

remove /etc/profile.d/zzz-startx*
this shit gets updated every time when live-boot and live-config are updated.
..gnutella..

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:20 pm

Before you ask another question, do not forget to introduce yourself.

http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1997#p38612

Otherwise I will dump this thread.