[SOLVED] Problem installing BBQ

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
sjal
Virgin

[SOLVED] Problem installing BBQ

Unread post by sjal » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:28 pm

Hello, I'm trying to install the distro but after the installation starts it stops with an error in bbqinstaller_error.log like this:

Error: Expected 2 arguments, found only 1.

It doesn't matter if the partition is dm_crypted or not or if I leave a swap partition or not. I'm installing this on a fresh SDD.

EDIT: Just realised the real error prompt is on the bottom and it tells me how to use mke2fs correctly, I guess this is installer doing it wrong and it's a bug?
Last edited by sjal on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Re: Problem installing BBQ

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:39 pm

"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:48 pm

so you mean the "bug" appears around 4 years after the initial release of the installer, only for exactly *one* user? oh yesh, sure.

I'm out here.
..gnutella..

sjal
Virgin

Unread post by sjal » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:54 pm

I haven't really followed you guys. Also, managed to install it once I edited the post realising that the true error wasn't with the expected arguments, thanks wux for the link too, somehow I couldn't find it using search

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:07 pm

Plus 'installing bbq' is a touch like saying 'put new clutch on a car' sure some are the same, nice the have the release_name just for completeness sake.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

sjal
Virgin

Unread post by sjal » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:23 am

Alright guys, I behaved both like an idiot and like a dork at the same time. I went with things my way instead of following stuff step by step and I already love my personalised piece of meat. I sure might've sounded disrespectful to your work earlier but I really do enjoy my new OS and respect you for your work :) Happy grilling to all of you guys out there, thank you for your patience!

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:32 am

^Thanks and welcome, please mark as solved if it is?!
Sorry guys, no signature for a while, too busy with life. :|