spectrwm desktops numbered on switch like wmx

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
engraver
Distrowatcher

spectrwm desktops numbered on switch like wmx

Unread post by engraver » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:24 pm

hello gentlemen !
first of all ,I'm very impressed by yours cooking collective and thank you for the all good staff !

My stupid question is : can I put in my spectrwm a multiple desktops numbering (like TV channels) like wmx has ?
(and every time I switch to other desctop I can see a big green number in the corner)
( thanks Pidsley for Zijwaarts.iso)

machinebacon
Baconator

Re: spectrwm desktops numbered on switch like wmx

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:52 pm

Hello and welcome,

don't be shy, this is a good question!
You want a pager, right? Maybe bbpager or fbpager can do what you like. Install both, then execute bbqpager or fbpager from inside a terminal. Report back what happens.

If it's only about showing which desktop you switched to, you can check if you have [+I] in spectrwm.conf's "bar_format"

I move this thread over to support :)
..gnutella..