Fn+ function shortcuts 2wm (solved)

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
catfood
Bad Advice Dog

Re: Fn+ function shortcuts 2wm

Unread post by catfood » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:07 pm

machinebacon wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:38 pm

Code: Select all

/* modifier                     key             function        argument */ \
{ 0,                            0x1008ff13,     spawn, \	{ .cmd = "amixer set PCM 10%+" } }, \
{ 0,                            0x1008ff11,     spawn, \	{ .cmd = "amixer set PCM 10%-" } }, \

We can basically mark this thread solved.
Thanks Bacon again, (is there anything you don't know? lol)

I was tempted to also try and add my own nonstandard key printed function: Fn+m for X86audiomute, but reading a bit:
https://superuser.com/questions/805525/ ... er-command
This sounds like a much larger headache to get the same button combo to mute and unmute (and also fully unmute everything it muted)

If anyone is EXTREMELY bored and wants to figure that out, cool, thank you.
Though now, I can just hold Fn+3 for 2 seconds and it's gonna mute now anyways, so please don't go out of your way!

Thank you everyone as always for all the help!
Thank You!
(I remember when debian "non-gui" installer scared me. #never-forget)