Enough! Roast Hanging at "configuring bootloader'

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
4eyes
Compiler

Enough! Roast Hanging at "configuring bootloader'

Unread post by 4eyes » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Anyone else seeing this?

I 'roasted' my own based on an Enough! install - the snapshot went OK, but when installing from the iso (on virtualbox) and installing from a dvd burn to a laptop, it hangs on the "configuring bootloader, please be patient'' message.

Waiting a minute or so, and then force closing it, seems to work OK though - the install is fine as far as I can see.

Tried a few re-roasts with the same end result - any ideas?
Talking bollocks for Wales

machinebacon
Baconator

Re: Enough! Roast Hanging at "configuring bootloader'

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Hello,
do you mean this message in the live-installer? If yes, I can only tell you that it happens without regular pattern, and typically on drives that already contain a Windows installation. The installer, at this point, does a sudo update-grub three times to make sure that the bootloader is installed correctly. In a virtual machine you can try to prevent this by using a 'fixed size hard drive' opposed to a dynamically growing one, though this again is no guarantee.
I'm in the process of rewriting the installer from scratch. There are actually three installers ATM we could use:
- CLI-driven bbqinstaller
- debian-live-installer (lacking some options, that's why it is not included anymore)
- live-installer (does the job but has a few glitches that I was not able to iron out)
and of course the forthcoming one.

If you are interested, I can provide you with the debian-live-installer and you can add it to your spin (if you want to distribute it) -- as of now, the live-installer is the one that does the job best. Unfortunately.
..gnutella..

4eyes
Compiler

Re: Enough! Roast Hanging at "configuring bootloader'

Unread post by 4eyes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:48 am

no probs - can live with it as it is... just making sure it wasn't me being a numpty :)

thanks
Talking bollocks for Wales