links2 login memory

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
wuxmedia
Grasshopper

links2 login memory

Unread post by wuxmedia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:04 am

So, getting on with links2 -g
it doesn't remember passwords/logins - which isn't enourmously annoying - but still quite.
its running as user, i tick the 'remember me' button - no website remembers
I noticed it never made a .conf (or whateverits called) in my ~/.links2/
not sure what goes in it.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

rhowaldt
Dog

Re: links2 login memory

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:59 pm

wux man... it says here that the file will be: ~/.links/links.cfg > http://linux.die.net/man/1/links2
or is that out of date maybe?

i noticed: no Wiki entry for links2. preposterous. who is the pensifaced maintainer of that thing!?!?! :P
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:33 pm

thanks rhow, as you know I get confused easily. whatever the folder was called it had bookmarks.html and someother file not the config.
I read through the home page docs, didn't really see anything.
I mean if anyone elses remembers the log/pass then it's my install, if it don't, it won't.
oh btw the maintainer of the wiki is ok, just certain lazy-assed members of the community,who contribute, like, one article then - that's it.... 8)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:52 pm

without warranty: an example config should be in /usr/share/links2/ - at least this sounds most logical :)
..gnutella..