[SOLVED] Darkside64 in VB not booting

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
Wervenyt
Saltimbocca-Roller

[SOLVED] Darkside64 in VB not booting

Unread post by Wervenyt » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:03 am

Hello all, I am back. Still using Escargot on my old laptop, I've kinda hit a point where everything is falling apart due to my tinkering. As Escargot is no longer supported, I've decided to look around for a new distro. Since I like #!, I decided to go with Darkside.

So, I downloaded Darkside onto my desktop, as to test out the distro on VBox prior to installing it on hardware (I also don't trust live CDs).However, when I tried to mount the iso, VB decided to spit out an error code, saying it was an invalid format. I checked the version of VB, it was up to date. Figured the iso just got corrupted, and downloaded it again. Same error. I tried tunneling it through as a virtual CD, but that didn't help anything. Is there any help to be had here?
Last edited by Wervenyt on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

machinebacon
Baconator

Re: Darkside64 in VB not booting

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:15 am

Hello,
that's interesting. I am right now trying to ISO of Darkside and it works fine. Can you verify that "Debian 64bit" is chosen as virtual machine base?
How about the md5sum? We have the things now on sourceforge, too: https://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxbbq/ (see Openbox base), maybe the problem is a corrupted file.
..gnutella..

Wervenyt
Saltimbocca-Roller

Re: Darkside64 in VB not booting

Unread post by Wervenyt » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:34 am

Yup it's chosen.
However, neither of the md5sums match. It seem my internet is being crappy and doesn't like your servers.
However, the SF link did work! Thank you!