[SOLVED] trollinger and compton

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
gurtid
Uninstaller

[SOLVED] trollinger and compton

Unread post by gurtid » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:32 am

Currently running trollinger on laptop . . . have installed compton.

How do you get conky to behave? It either has a shadow or disappears when desktop is clicked.

Do i need to stop pcmanfm from controlling the desktop (or something equally stooopid)? . . . and then install feh/nitrogen for wallpaper . . . blah blah blah . . . hoping there's a far more simple solution that I/google/t'interent in general have overlooked.
Last edited by gurtid on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Beaver Destroys Forests

gurtid
Uninstaller

Re: trollinger and compton

Unread post by gurtid » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:58 am

ok sorted

you add to .conkyrc

Code: Select all

own_window_class Conky
and to compton.conf

Code: Select all

shadow-exclude = [ "n:e:xfce4-notifyd", "g:e:Conky"  ];
i.e add the , "g:e:Conky" to the existing line . . .

gurtid
Uninstaller

Re: [SOLVED] trollinger and compton

Unread post by gurtid » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:08 pm

there's still some work to be done with this - delay conky start or something. Essentially the 'bones' of the fix are good tho'