Looking to make a distro but i am a noob and want to learn?

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
machinebacon
Baconator

Re: Looking to make a distro but i am a noob and want to lea

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:03 pm

Well that's the least he can do after upsetting my opgekankerte'd stomach :D

Y U No READ TFM
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:12 am

^ opgekankerte'd... dafuq is this creative rape of my beautiful language... i like it :D

P.S. if you wanna do it 'right' (though, who cares, but still), it would just be 'opgekankerde' - 'cancered up', although that is never used in Dutch. we'd say 'verkankerde' - 'cancered'.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:17 am

Aufgekrebste = upcancered hahaha dafuq gave a damn :)
..gnutella..

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:41 am

After having helped kidx (known as "eastsidebeatkidx") via his youtube channel I got an angry comment. Unfortunately kidx ragequit and removed the video with all the comments I left there for him (basically answering all the questions from this thread)

His reaction:
anal.png
On his way to success, this young man has upset several people. Congrats, Inferno.

I should have used Fucking Team Speak 3 to help a leech.

kidx, fuck you.

Rhowaldt! Wiki entry please ;)
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:56 pm

^ you want a specific kidx wiki entry from me? i have linked this thread in the 'how not to ask question' article... but i can add kidx to the hellhole, sure... just say the word :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:06 pm

Word.

I'm full of rotten meat when I see this thread.
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:18 pm

will do. suggestions for the article may be made in this thread (in any way, shape or form - pics, links, creative namecalling, poetry, whatever).

what i'll do, taking up your beautiful words Jules, is make a 'Rotten Meat' Wiki entry, where we can put him and all the other penisfaces we might undoubtedly run across in the future. not gonna waste a Wiki entry on a single internet-asshole :)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Fair enough and fits the BBQ philosophy!
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:12 pm

^ the BBQ philosophy is, and will always be, the foremost motivation of my actions.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:59 pm

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:46 pm

^ You are very creative Rho.

missinglink
Rawdog

Unread post by missinglink » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Most of us can only dream of a wiki dediaction like that.
Now we wait for take-down demands from the Epilepsy Foundation.
I'm really pissed that there's now no LinuBBQ YouTube vid more recent than Sneeky's from ~7 months ago. Happy I downloaded all 45:41 of kidx's vid before he took that sweetness down.
The YT comment volley before the takedown might have kept MB from six or eight more releases.
Concerned aboot retaliation from kidx et al? Take a look at Limor Fried's Bedazzler. I'm from Washington, and I'm here to crank up the photosensitive epilepsy machine.
[BBvideo 560,340]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE-I2VMGOJA[/BBvideo]

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:37 am

Thanks to rhowaldt for another wiki entry that hits the head on the nail. :) Gotta send him the link so he can rage-delete himself.

And yeah, the dazzler - thanks missinglink - can be used as anal plug, too.
..gnutella..

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:01 am

..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:16 am

:D thanks guys, glad you like it :)

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:45 am

@Bacon: Nice massage they are giving him while crying. :)

bizcuit
Gangbanger

Unread post by bizcuit » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:35 am

Hope you don't take this the wrong way but there's a saying ( as many common sense sayings ... well it's based on common sense.) Crawl before you walk, walk before you run ... Run before you fly.

Ok ... chit I mainly made that up but have seen similar sayings aplenty. If you are an admitted gnu/nix noob jmo you have no bizness coming out with a distro. Why don't you take the time to learn more about it as an enduser, before you try to ask others to rely on you for your expertise in a subject. Esp when x person admittedly says I have no expertise in the subject.

Not directed @ you but I personally have many bones 2 pick with people who know nothing about which they speak ... but are ignorant or arrogant enough to speak as if they do anyway.

The sentiments are kinda complex ... but I've pretty much always said everything is complex is you bother looking @ it closely or really want to understand it enough, shrugs. Ask MB ... releasing a friggin "distro" or "distrolette" isn't a walk in the park ... Even for someone who clearly has the know how like Machine.

If you don't know what you're doing ... don't do it. Much disappointment and problems and almost assuredly failure in store for you. Even when it comes to people much better qualified .. sighs.

Just 2 cents ... Not trying to rain on your parade only that imo ... You never had a parade, shrugs. See the 1st sentiments. Been my inclination since I've heard about Nix BBQ to try n talk MB out of it though guy is both knowledgeable and passionate about the topic. So can only say DAMMIT I HOPE IT WORKS FOR HIM !!!!

Vllbbq!

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:41 am

lol, biscuit, you really shine recently :D

The OP has already moved on/back to WinXP because Linux communities suck -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSS9YcmK0y4
..gnutella..

bizcuit
Gangbanger

Unread post by bizcuit » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:40 am

Lmao ... my fault, was too lazy to dig through 3-4 pgs of responses ... In this case off the top can only think "thank de fecking gawds". Was ( jmo) a tarded question/proposition from the outset. First impulse was to say that .. tried for the be nice, be considerate of other feelings PC approach. Which haz always been something I've despised ie: PCism aka: BSism. Ahhhh ... oh well, it'll all work out in the end. :D

Vll! n Vllbbq! :D

Sector11
Sperminator

Unread post by Sector11 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:52 pm

Nooo ... I couldn't more than a couple of few minutes of that "review"! So that's Rotten meat I read about.
OK, I'm going to wash my ears now....
I am THE resident noob, hands down no discussion. ... and
I wear my soap on a rope.