Gangbang Alpha Lisp-based WM, crash on load

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Gangbang Alpha Lisp-based WM, crash on load

Unread post by DebianJoe » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:05 am

So, I found some issues with the (load "load.lisp") routines called before the script ever gets control of them. I attempted to manually load all of the routines called from this routine, which IS required to make them work.
^^For example, this routine is called at the beginning of clfswm's routine...it's the lisp loader...it loads lisp. Sort of important for a lisp-based anything to be able to load lisp.

So I went to the directory that this file would be executed from and booted Clisp and loaded the routine manually....and....
...because it's not there. I looked.

So, I tried to simply circumvent this module to see if it was necessary:
...and it is.

I'm assuming these were both built from the Debian repos? If so, something is very very wrong. If we only want to get them to load for a live CD, then I may be able to fix the calls by reverse-engineering the build process, or using the git-repos for this one and stump.
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

machinebacon
Baconator

Re: Gangbang Alpha Lisp-based WM, crash on load

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:19 am

Thank you.

Both wms are binaries coming from the debian repos, via apt.
..gnutella..

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:28 am

What's missing is this package. It's like trying to build C in linux without "make". We may also have luck using quicklisp, which is an extension of the package. I won't know without just hacking at it until something works.

You may be able to get http://packages.debian.org/sid/cl-asdf to work without having to leave the Debian repos. If you have a working pre-ISO, it might be worth trying.
Thanks BASIC

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:34 am

The DM guys are funny. Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do for the respin of Gangbang (though it won't be in the next days)
..gnutella..

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:04 pm

As time permits, I'll make sure that is the only major error (as opposed to the only the first one.) I'll build them up and report back on exactly what it takes to get them running since it sounds like nobody is really in a huge hurry.
Thanks BASIC

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:13 pm

Absolutely no hurry. I don't even remember which they were :D (kidding)

Though it would be nice to see them in action finally. It's quite strange that nobody bothered to fix it upstream.
..gnutella..