How to edit bbqstart?

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
blarg
Virgin

How to edit bbqstart?

Unread post by blarg » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi,
I'm using LinuxBBQ Clit (amd64) since a few days...the first time that a cli-only system is fitting my needs. :D Never thought that this could happen...
Clit has this cool bbqstart, but I can't find any informations about how to edit it. Is it possible to add/remove applications to/from the menu?

thx for any advices :)

pidsley
Hermit

Re: How to edit bbqstart?

Unread post by pidsley » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Hey blarg -- welcome to the BBQ. "bbqstart" is just a bash script; it's located at /usr/bin/bbqstart. Edit it to suit your needs (make a backup copy first). You can add apps to one of the dialog lists, and then add a handler in the case statement right after the dialog call. If this is not clear, just ask!

Are you running CLIt from a live USB, or did you install it? If you're running live, any changes you make to bbqstart will be lost when you reboot, unless you create a persistent USB stick.

blarg
Virgin

Unread post by blarg » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:48 pm

pidsley wrote:Hey blarg -- welcome to the BBQ. "bbqstart" is just a bash script; it's located at /usr/bin/bbqstart. Edit it to suit your needs (make a backup copy first). You can add apps to one of the dialog lists, and then add a handler in the case statement right after the dialog call. If this is not clear, just ask!

Are you running CLiT from a live USB, or did you install it? If you're running live, any changes you make to bbqstart will be lost when you reboot, unless you create a persistent USB stick.
Wow, thank you very much for your fast answer!
I've installed CliT on my hard drive and already edited this script, but it had no effect. Seems that I did something wrong, I'll try it again.
bbqstart is not part of any deb package, isn't it? Otherwise, my edits wouldn't survive the next apt-get dist-upgrade... :O

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:52 pm

If you try editing again and it still doesn't work, please be more clear about exactly what you changed in the script and I will try to duplicate your problem.

(I just tried adding an item to the "multimedia" menu and it worked for me)

blarg
Virgin

Unread post by blarg » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:05 pm

pidsley wrote:If you try editing again and it still doesn't work, please be more clear about exactly what you changed in the script and I will try to duplicate your problem.

(I just tried adding an item to the "multimedia" menu and it worked for me)
Okay, I'll try the same. Maybe I was just so stupid to edit the file without being root...shame on me.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:49 pm

that might help. 8)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"