BBQ Darkside-32 What to edit?

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
Neil Edmond
Oyster-Slurper

BBQ Darkside-32 What to edit?

Unread post by Neil Edmond » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:22 am

I've used, and admired the look of #! for a long time now, but always wished it to be Sid based, even set up one install to track Sid...anyway I've installed Darkside and really like it except for one thing. Two of the system tray (?) icons, wireless network indicator and battery are nearly invisible, black on a black background. Redshift, clipboard and sound icons are OK because they have some color.

What do I need to edit to make the wifi and battery icons visible?

dkeg
Configurator

Re: BBQ Darkside-32 What to edit?

Unread post by dkeg » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:20 am

Neil, possible to just change the icon set? I have not run darkside, so not aware of the default. Could be faenza or clarity. Either way, there are usually color options available. Check the icon tab in lxappearence, or d/l new icons and place in ~/.icons. If that directory is not there, just create it

Code: Select all

mkdir ~/.icons
Some icon options are clarity and ACYL.

Work hard; Complain less

machinebacon
Baconator

Re: BBQ Darkside-32 What to edit?

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:52 am

These tray icons are loaded as root, so lxappearance needs to be started as root for them, too. Ths is the reason why there are sometimes "Dark" icon themes of the same set added (Faenza - Faenza Darker - Faenza Darkest, etc).
..gnutella..