I'm a jelly donut

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
hinto
Forums Hottie

I'm a jelly donut

Unread post by hinto » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:06 pm

So I broke out the BBQ and started to warm up to it using a vm and the Kolbasz iso. I didn't have the correct lighter fluid since it (the iso) wouldn't boot in the vm. But a quick trip to Unebootin provided the right fluid for me to be started. So I booted the liveCD/DVD/USB and started cooking. However, I quickly found that I'm a jelly donut (or the Hungarian version). I'm sure I missed the English language option at grub (or some other place) what is it again?

That being said, looks really good.... wonder if it contains any US language regional options for "y'all" and "yehaww" ;)

-Hinto (despite the name, is an NC native and can field dress a hog, as well as a deer)
"A human being should be able to... butcher a hog..." -Robert Heinlein

machinebacon
Baconator

Re: I'm a jelly donut

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Jo napot :D

The VM does boot up under certain circumstances (I noticed that playing around with PAE on/off and using a fixed size for the hard drive helps), and most importantly you can try to change the 'quiet' to 'verbose' (or vice versa) in the boot menu screen of the live image. IIRC 'verbose' works, don't ask me why :)

About the localization, there is no English language default for Kolbasz. (Kolbasz is the Hungarian Kielbasa, latter uses en_US). It is indeed specially made for Hungarian users (the only distro catering Hungarians is Uhu Linux and it seems dormant, so I produced Kolbasz for my uncle who is not happy with Ubuntu and Mint). You'll need to apt-get locales-all and dpkg-reconfigure locales, IIRC., and of course change the layout of the keyboard.
..gnutella..

hinto
Forums Hottie

Re: I'm a jelly donut

Unread post by hinto » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:29 pm

I am learning ;) I'll try a base XFCE...
(Thinking of a Lexington BBQ version )
-Hinto
"A human being should be able to... butcher a hog..." -Robert Heinlein