Problem running brasero in out-of-box linuxbbbq mate 64b

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
weijiangbei
Distrowatcher

Problem running brasero in out-of-box linuxbbbq mate 64b

Unread post by weijiangbei » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:59 am

It's a mate 64bit on a Intel i3.

It's an out-of-the-box new installation. I install brasero mannually. When I try to burn an image with superuser priviledge, it prompted the following information, and brasero always complains there's no DVD RW disk in the drive though there is one.

** (brasero:3153): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

In addition, ibus input method cannot add any input method in its built-in config window. That means, ibus is running but it's useless since it cannot add any input method and it cannot save any configuration I've on its config dialog window, complaining :

GLib-WARNING **: GChildWatchSource: Exit status of a child process was requested but ECHILD was received by waitpid(). Most likely the process is ignoring SIGCHLD, or some other thread is invoking waitpid() with a nonpositive first argument; either behavior can break applications that use g_child_watch_add()/g_spawn_sync() either directly or indirectly.

I assume that these errors are related to DBUS. So I guess there might be problem in the DBUS build with Linuxbbq.

Is there anyone encountering same problems? I guess there should be, since mine is a default out-of-the-box Linuxbbq mate edition.

Anybody knows a workaround or fix?

machinebacon
Baconator

Re: Problem running brasero in out-of-box linuxbbbq mate 64

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:26 am

Nihao,

the dbus.a11y error seems to be a bug in GNOME <3.8, I have seen it popping up independently of the application. Try installing:

Code: Select all

at-spi2-core
To be honest, I haven't used the 64bit MATE for quite a while, as we slowly abandon 64bit in favour of more 32bit releases. I hope and guess the problem will be solved by adding the package and restarting the desktop.
..gnutella..

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:32 am

Additionally, you can try to edit the .xinitrc file to look like:

#!/bin/sh

xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources &

xbindkeys # -f ~/.xbindkeysrc &

exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch mate-session
Thanks for reporting.
..gnutella..

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:45 pm

I have a question regarding Brasero, why as root? I mean usually you burn discs as user.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:03 pm

^ Good catch! Maybe his /dev/cdrom was not detected as normal user? Might have to do with the dbus monstrosity then.
..gnutella..

weijiangbei
Distrowatcher

Unread post by weijiangbei » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:00 am

machinebacon wrote:Additionally, you can try to edit the .xinitrc file to look like:

#!/bin/sh

xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources &

xbindkeys # -f ~/.xbindkeysrc &

exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch mate-session
Thanks for reporting.
Sorry for reporting late.

Following your advice, I managed to eliminate the errors mentioned before. However, another problem emerged and brasero sitll complained "no disk" even I inserted one:

** (brasero:3032): WARNING **: Could not establish a connection to Tracker: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Tracker1 was not provided by any .service files

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:50 am

Checking the dependencies of Brasero, we find:

depends brasero 
[....]
  Suggests: tracker
Try to resolve with

ins tracker