Colin - Musca won't start

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
Potatohead
killall X

Colin - Musca won't start

Unread post by Potatohead » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi all, I'm running Colin from a USB stick. Musca won't start, when clicked in the wmchooser you end up in a tty. When I log in (user bbq, paassword bbq) and type startx, ICEWM starts (??)

Am I doing something wrong?

pidsley
Hermit

Re: Colin - Musca won't start

Unread post by pidsley » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:29 pm

When you start colin, as soon as you get the login prompt, switch to tty2 (ctrl-alt-F2). Login as bbq. Edit /usr/bin/musca-start as root:

Code: Select all

sudo nano /usr/bin/musca-start
Change /usr/bin/musca to /usr/local/bin/musca and save the file.

Switch to tty1 and login as bbq, select musca from the list. Musca should now start.

Use Alt+Shift+Enter to start a terminal, Alt+F3 to start dmenu. See http://aerosuidae.net/musca.html for the documentation.

nano/cat/less ~/.xinitrc to see why icewm starts when you startx. Change the last "exec" line to start a different WM.

Potatohead
killall X

Unread post by Potatohead » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Thanks Pids

Potatohead
killall X

Unread post by Potatohead » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Finally found the time/discipline to play with it. Pids, your innstructions worked fine, thanks again.