Iceweasel in Trollinger

Forum rules
We don't support installations in VirtualBox, VMWare, qemu or others. We ignore posts about WINE, PlayOnLinux, Steam and Skype. We don't support btrfs, lvm, UEFI, side-by-side installations with GPT or dualboot with anything newer than Windows XP.
Google your problem first. Check the Wiki. Read the existing threads. It's okay to "hijack" an existing thread, yes! If your problem is not yet covered, open a new thread. To get the quickest possible help, mention the exact release codename in your post (uname -a is a good idea, too). Due to the lack of crystal balls, attach the output of lspci -nnk if you encounter hardware problems.
pottzie
Cam Whore

Iceweasel in Trollinger

Unread post by pottzie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:06 pm

I've got Trollinger 32 bit, and have Iceweasel. When I have to fill in some text box, like I'm doing now to post this, the print is almost invisible, grayed out so low that I can't make it out on my laptop. I've only seen this happen in Trollinger, as I have Mate and Wifey on other computers.

Is there some setting I can change so I can see what I'm typing?

bones
Clooney

Re: Iceweasel in Trollinger

Unread post by bones » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:19 pm

I haven't used Trollinger in a while, but it sounds like you just need to choose a lighter theme in your preferences. I've run into the same problem before with dark themes in many DEs, and that is generally the cure.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:56 pm

see this the gtk theme thread. GekkoP's fix may work for you here.
http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f ... 26#p12944p

Work hard; Complain less

pottzie
Cam Whore

Unread post by pottzie » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:16 am

I'd try an edit, but where? I have no idea where to find .themes/NumixBrown/gtk-2.0/gtkrc

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:26 am

You do this with your chosen theme. Check what is chosen in "lxappearance" program, or by checking the ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file.

sudo leafpad /usr/share/themes/<THE THEME YOU ARE USING>/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
..gnutella..